Chapter 37.

Recap

"Your whole family and life is in New York. I will be forever grateful to Sadie as we all thought you were dead all these years. I have mourned your death year after year. I know this is sudden but can you go back with me?" He asks, completely taking me off guard as he stares into my eyes with so much hope reflecting in his.

ROSALIE

"I.." I stutter, not knowing what to say. Here he is, sitting down in front of me looking so vulnerable. He definitely expects a Yes from me but am I ready to give up this life I currently live to a life I have no clue whatsoever about? A life where everyone probably thought me dead?

"Do the others know you are here for me?" I ask him.

"Asides Fabian, Lukas, André and Maya, no one else knows about this." He says. For heaven's sake, I have just known him for less than a month now, the most reasonable thing to do is not going with him.

"And you want me to show up just like that? How would the others react upon seeing me?" I ask him.

"I... hmmph." He sighs. "I honestly have no clue." He finishes.

"Please, Amethyst. I need you back in my life." He pleads and lifts his hand to touch my face. That nervousness that I felt earlier came back rushing in on me with full force.

"Nikolas." I hesitate a little.

"Amethyst." He stresses.

"Going to New York with you will be too sudden. Amelia does not even know that you are her father. You have told me about my past but on my own, I cannot remember anything." I state in a rush.

"We could work on that. We can tell Amelia the truth. Why hold it when she will still find out anyway." He shrugs as he speaks.

"What if she is not actually your daughter?" I voice out in reasoning.

"I would kill any man who dares to lay his hands on you." I watch as a spasm of anger contorted on his face as he spoke. Possessive much, huh?

"I am just saying. I mean, anyone can also come up with a story like yours. So.." He hisses at what I say. I watch as he stands up, pacing round the room and rubbing his hands on his hair as he sighs repeatedly.

"This is not some story, this is a reality." He finally voices out.

"I can't go back with you, Nikolas." I blurt out.

"Theós! (God)." He says.

"Amethyst, I am not leaving this country without you." He states with finality.

"That is left to you to decide." I reply, matching the looks he is currently giving me.

"See you tomorrow." He bends down to look into my eyes. Pecking me on my head, he walks out of my house, banging the door and leaving me startled.

I hear the zoom of his vehicle signalling his departure.

•••••

..2 weeks later..

"Mummy, someone is at the door."
I am awoken by a bubbly Amelia who looks too happy for someone just waking up.

She jumps in excitement. Urghh. I head out to open the door. Today is a Saturday, so I don't have work and I am grateful for that. My plans today include resting for the better part of the morning and doing some house chores. Now, whoever is at the door has clearly messed with those plans.

"Hello, Amethyst." I roll my eyes at the person. Who else would it be? The only person that has chosen to call me a name other than Rosalie; Nikolas Galanis, my supposed husband.