Bonbora

Bonbora

It is the moments after that can be forgotton, or the greatest memories. I always remember what it is like with his warm arms around me, feeling safe, protected, loved. The thing I missed most when we were fighting was the utter loneliness. I missed falling asleep to his voice. I missed waking up protected in his arms. I missed it all. I remember when we talked again. He made the first move, he knocked on my door at 2 in the morning. When I opened it I didn't see Richie Sambora, the King of the Swing. I saw a broken man. His hair was practically dead. His face was pale and the bags under his eyes were prominent. There were tears streaming down his face. He pulled me into a tight hug. He practically made a speech on what being without me was doing to him. Then I sang a song to him, one we both know well. Living in sin. He joined me and at the end our lips met and memories of us flew through my mind. Both of us, men in our fifties, crying in each others arms. The day I lost him was the worst day of my life and i'm glad I got him back. "Rich?" "Yeah Jonny?" "I love you." He smiles and puts his forehead against mine, placing a small kiss on my lips, "I love you too baby. I love you too."