Chapter 18

Cover by powertino 😘

"Finally you are here" I said as Dre walked into my room, throwing her little sleepover bag on the floor. "Yes!" Dre squealed as she walked over to lay on my bed. "I am hungry," I said to Dre looking over at her.

"No need to worry, I brought food," she said, walking over to get her bag. Thank goodness Dre's mum packed food. Dre's mum is a chef at a restaurant in some place. So Dre doesn't lack good food like I do. "Here have yours, mum packed two plates for us. We can also get some icecream later," she said, handing over mine to me. "I think there is a bucket of icecream in the freezer," I said whilst opening the plate of food.

Ugh! Food is life! I took a spoon of the rice and chicken sauce. "Oh my God! Dre this tastes heavenly!" I said with my mouth full, munching and enjoying every bit of it. "I know right" she said whilst eating hers too.

After few minutes we were done eating and I carried the plates to the kitchen to wash, while Dre followed so she could pick the icecream. We headed back to my room when we were done. "So what movies are we watching today?" Dre asked, scooping a full spoon of icecream. "I don't know, you choose," I said before taking a full spoon of icecream too.

"I think we should watch Frozen 2. I haven't had time to watch it since it came out," she said. "Sure," I said, taking out my laptop. I searched on Netflix and soon we were settled in to start the movie.

~•~•~•~•~

"I enjoyed the movie," Dre said smiling. "Me too," I said, showing same level of enthusiasm. "Now to the long awaited topic of discussion. Tell me how your date went. My ears have being itching to hear everything. And do not leave out any details," she said, crossing her legs and resting her face on her chin. "I can see you can't wait to hear" I said. "Oh yes! Tell me already" she said.

I narrated how everything went from how he took me to the expensive restaurant and how I found out who his father is and how his sister arrived and everything that happened thereafter. "Oh my God!" Dre said, hugging me tightly. I was sobbing already, as the memory of everything that happened yesterday came flooding back.

"The worst part is that you almost became his girlfriend. That lice girl, she better pray I don't ever meet her," she said, whilst hitting her knuckles and palm together. "Her name is Lisa not lice and I bet you would teach her a very great lesson," I said smiling.

"Has he called you since yesterday?" she asked. "No," I said still sobbing. Dre handed me a tissue. "Thanks." "Not even a text message?" she asked again. "No Dre, not even a text message. This is why I hate boys. I can't even believe I have a crush on this guy!" I said as my sobs increased,.

"Don't cry" Dre said hugging me again. "I can't help it!" I said sobbing in the crook of her neck. "You're gonna make me cry too," she said, sounding like she was crying already. I released  myself from the hug and looked at her face. She was crying too.

I just love the relationship Dre and I have. We cry together when one of us is sad. We rejoice together when we are happy too. I wonder what I would do without Dre around me. "Don't cry," I said, hugging her again. "We will always be here for each other during every heartbreak," she said sniffing.

"Yes, of course," I said. We stayed in each others arms for few minutes in comfortable silence.
Dre released herself from the hug and squealed  with a big grin on her face. "Look on the bright side Val," she said with a wide grin plastered on her face.

"Yes? I am listening," I said utterly confused at her swing from sadness to extreme happiness. I don't speak ill of people, especially not my best friend, but sometimes Dre is bipolar. One minute sad and crying and the next happy and smiling. I love her very much though.

"I have an idea," she said still grinning. "Spill!" I said, eager to hear what she had to say. Dre always made the perfect plans. All her previous boyfriends that dumped her, although she forgave them, she still made them pay by hatching all her revenge strategies.

"I have a perfect plan to make lice pay for what she did and also a perfect plan to torture Liam a little for not calling you and also for damages caused," she said with an evil smirk. "Her name is Lisa," I said.

"Lice, Lisa, all the same," she said with a tone of finality. I am angry at Liam's sister for what she did but I also want to teach Liam a little lesson for not calling me or even sending a text message. I am not bad, I am just hurt because this is the first time I have actually liked somebody and then this happens.  Dre and I spent an hour planning on how to teach Lisa a lesson and also teach Liam a little lesson to learn to always value what he has while it is still in his possession.

"Are you sure this will work? I feel kinda nervous," I said to her. "Please discard all the unsettled feelings  you have right now. Because my plan is definitely going to work," she said, smiling. "I hope so," I said, slightly convinced. "Stop being a doubting Thomas Val, you know none of my plans have failed before. They always work, because I am a genius," she said. "I am not a doubting Thomas," I said, pouting.

"Ok fine! You are not, but trust me on this one," she said looking at me. "Fine" I replied. "Great. Your laptop please?" she asked. "Why?" "Time to watch more movies to celebrate our success," she said, taking my laptop. "But we haven't even done anything yet!" I protested, clearly amused.

"I know, but when we do, we will be successful," she said. "You never seem to amaze me Deandre" I said smiling. "Whatever. Be quiet the movie is starting," she said, turning to look at the laptop screen. I rolled my eyes and fixed my gaze on the laptop screen.

Hey guys,

Thanks for the 1k+ reads. Y'all are the best. Thank you so much for your support.

Don't forget to click on the 🌟 below the screen,Yes right there. Thank you.

Love Jessie♥️