Seventeen

Ezió

Her eyes speaks to me just like they did seven years ago but I didn't listen.

I immediately step back when I realized what I did.

"Let's go." We walk together to the park. It's the best place I know where I can teach her ride the bike.

Ash told me one time that Calli wants to learn how to ride the bike but she doesn't know someone who can teach her.

"Why are you telling me this?" I ask him while I was fixing the bulletin board on his floor's corridor.

"I'm just doing a friend a favor." He pats my shoulder before leaving.

It's been two hours since we started but she doesn't really get her balance. She would lose her balance and I would catch her before she could fall on the ground. I can see how awkward she is whenever we get close to each other.

She presses the brake and puts her feet down from the pedal. "I think I won't learn this. I'm sorry for bothering you."

I remove my hands from her back. "You can do it."

"Thank you but biking might not be for me." She laughs.

I stare at her and we're in an awkward state again. "So, what else do you want to do?" I scratch my hair before putting my hands inside my pocket.

"I don't know. Anything in mind?"

"Coffee?" I know she doesn't drink one but that's the only place where both of us can enjoy. She shyly nods.

I take her to the café where dad and I was hired to paint a mural. That's also the place where I first saw Calli here in Sainte Anne.

It was in April. She was newly hired and I know from first glance that she's the girl from seven years ago in Toronto. And then months later she's right in front of me in Montréal.

I was scared that she might recognize me but she didn't. I was literally shaking when we were left alone in the elevator.

"Everything's going to be fine. She doesn't recognize you." I thought to myself.

I was scared. I was a coward and still I am so I avoided her. But the moment I witnessed his trauma for the first time at the lounge, I felt guilty and suddenly I want to make up for everything. That's when I started looking after her.

"I'm going to tell you something about Amara but I'm not a hundred percent sure." She ends my thoughts. "I think my grandma is the Amara Mr. Leo is looking for. I saw their names on the tapes in her basement yesterday."

I'm out of speech. It isn't that impossible because she indeed looks like her.

"I'll look more into it. It didn't came to me that Amara can be my grandmother Samara."

"The stage is open for anyone to sing." The owner says on the microphone.

"Ahh, I miss this. Do you know I worked here months ago and this is where I met Uryella. They own this place." Oh I have never seen Uryella in here.

I can see that she wants to grab the microphone and sing in front but something's stopping her. It's partly my fault why she can't bring herself to do it.

I stand and walk to the stage. I don't usually do this but I feel so guilty. I want to make her feel a little better.

There's a piano in front. I pull the microphone stand near it then I start to play the prelude of Songbird, a Ben Abraham song.

🎶 There are places that I remember you sang in the night and it turned into day. Well they're saying that you have gone quiet. They say that you hide your love away. 🎶

I look at her and her eyes are fixed on me. Then, she slowly smiles. This song is for her.