Prologue

- Elara -

Water. Earth. Fire. Air.

Long ago, the four nations lived together in harmony. But then, everything changed when the Fire Nation attacked.

Only the Avatar, master of all four elements, could stop them. But when the world needed him most, he vanished.

A hundred years past, and Sokka and Katara discovered the new Avatar, and Airbender named Aang, and although his airbending skills were great, he still had a lot to learn before he was ready to save anyone.

But I believe, Aang can save the world...

That is, if Katara was able to save him...

But I guess I won't be around to find that out.

———————————————

A/N: I know, I know, I should have more for this book since it's been a week since I last posted, but I actually have an excuse this time! I had to edit my last book, AND I still have school. But I couldn't stand the thought of you suffering any longer, so I had to let you know that there is going to be a third book...It's gonna be hecking lit...trust me.

But just a heads up about this book - it's going to be a lot darker and a lot more depressing than anything I have written before. Elara has been through a lot, and now she's going to have to suffer the consequences. So, if you are reading this story and you feel that it is inaccurate or that I have crossed a line of some kind, JUST YELL AT ME AND I WILL DO MY BEST TO FIX IT!!!! Seriously, I'm not kidding. I've been doing a lot of research in preparation for this book, but no amount of book smarts can compare to real life experiences. My goal is to describe how hard life can be sometimes, and I hope I don't romanticize it or downplay it in any way.

However, before we get back into the heartbreaking stuff, we get to have one last glimpse of relief—something many of you have never heard of or seen before, so stay tuned!!!!!! I'M SO EXCITED!!!!!

(BUT REAL QUICK, I HAVE AN IMPORTANT QUESTION!!! Do y'all wanna see any of Zuko's point of view, or are we still too angry at him to be able to handle it? And if we get Zuko's point of view, what do you want to see? Just asking for a friend...)

Published: 28 January 2021

(P.S. What do y'all think Toph's nickname for Elara would be?)