Game

Billies POV

"I still can't believe you did that still." Jersey played with her hair in her ginormous vanity. I was laid back on her grey sheeted covered bed, watching the way she moved back and forth through the closet and vanity. Checking herself out and finding something wrong with her outfit. Even if I found it perfect everytime.

Though, I couldn't really talk. It taking me 15 minutes of not knowing what shoes I wanted to wear to just pick my go to obsidian 1's.

Sitting up lightly on her bed before smiling at her as she walked over infront of me, slightly defeated. "I look terrible in everything."

"Hey hey no. Look at me." Reaching forward for Jerseys hips to pull her closer to me. She looked down at my eyes and I got lost in her eyes. The green but brown orbs almost talking for me. Her shine was more than enough to take anyone's breath away.

Slipping my thumbs up and rested on her exposed stomach. "You don't have to dress all nice for a game or a party. Put on a sweatshirt and head out love. If any guy is dumb enough not to notice you that's on him." She bit her lip at the would guy and looked away.

"Want her to know that I can try and dress up. Not just wear hoodies and sweats." Not looking back down to me but she did rest her hands to mess with my olds school hoodie.

Her stomach flexing but she didn't move away from my hold. Almost as if she liked it. "Well I like you in hoodies Hollywood. When you straighten your hair and put on jeans you look ready for anything. And don't forget. You can just wear a shirt under."

She chuckled and wrapped her arms around my head. Holding onto the hood of my jacket before nodded. When she finally looked back down at me she had parted lips and suddenly, I'd give anything in the world to kiss this girl.

"Imma do that then.." she trailed off before pulling away and stepping away from me before she got to her door to her room. Sending me one finally look before speaking. "Billie. You should of done it."

Closing the door and leaving me alone in the door with only the sounds of the tv playing. "Damn it." I flopped back into the bed in defeat.

I should have done it.

***
"Jersey are you sitting with us?" Kansas's bitchy voice asked as she was surrounded by the other cheerleaders. Waiting for their cue to go out for pregame entertainment.

I removed my hand from her lower back before taking it as my sign to leave. Slowly sliding pass her and clenching my jaw tightly before she put a hand on my stomach and pushed me against the guard railing. "No stop." She directed the comment to me so I obviously listened. "I came with Billie. So I'm staying with her."

My breathing spiked when Jersey dropped her hand lightly and played with my waistband of my white Hurley shorts. Matching my nikes socks. Kansas watched her hand and slowly had a face of disgust form. "Ditching us for your new fuck buddy I see."

"We've never kissed Kansas. Get over yourself."

She pulled my shorts forward and I took it follow her. My boxers waistband showing but I didn't care until Jersey brought us to where all of her other friends were. Sadly they were standing against a fence but if it made Jersey happy I'll stand for the next 3 hours.

I watched as she gave a few people hugs and doing a few handshakes before she waved me over. Obviously me being oblivious I didn't notice until she got in my face to do it. Cracking a smile as a few people laughed at me. In a joking way, hopefully.

"This is Billie. All you guys know that. She's my buddy and the star athlete transfer. She's really nice but don't worry. She won't talk to you if she doesn't have to." A tight lip smile and a small wave is all I gave to a ramble of comments. Ranging from Hello, nice to meet you, or to saying I was attractive or the volleyball game was good.

"Thank y'all." My words coming out more as a whisper but everyone nodded or sent me a smile. I was completely awkward when it came to Jerseys friends. Or anyone from California.

They all were so put together and happy. My brain didn't understand how they could be like that all the time. Dripped in designer and never seemed to work for anything in their life.

Bitting my tongue as I watched a girl look at my watch and seemed surprised to see it being an Apple Watch. "So are you part of the scholarship kids at the school?"

My eyes looked over a Jersey who suddenly clenched her jaw tightly. "Robin. Seriously?"

"No it's a good question. No I'm not. If it was based on scholarships. I'd be in Arizona." Sending a light smile at Jersey before the horns and screams came out as the team came from the gym by the field and walk out into a tunnel.

And once the music hit its bass drop like in every basic high school youd ever see. The team runs out and the parents and students cheered and the band started playing. Like in every idea of basic. That's what a high school football game. No matter where or money.

Lightly moving away from the group as Jersey slowly whispered to keep themselves on their best behaviors and not to be insensitive. I wasn't offended by the girls question. If not more intrigued if me not having money would have offended her.

I rested my arms on the gate, fitting between 2 girls who didn't seem to mind but just sent a friendly smile when I said sorry. Looking over my shoulder after to see Jersey dead staring at the side of my face. I raised an eyebrow before I see her grab out her phone and text me.

Seem really cute with those girls

The straight girls who seemed offended that I even asked to stand here?

Yes dumbass

"Come here dork" I moved to the side and opened my arms for her take my spot. She chuckled lightly before moving and she stepped into my spot. I just awkwardly stood behind her as she looked at me like I was stupid.

Raising an eyebrow before voicing my 'what' before she smiled again at me. I couldn't tell you how many times she's smiled at me. But man will it break my heart if I ever could, because she should smile so much that I'll never know.

"Come cuddle. I'm cold." After looking at her for few seconds confused. I moved and wrapped my arms around her waist. I pushed my hips into her lightly and I look over to see her bitting her lip.

Her back slightly arching but stopping to almost hide it. I slipped my hands under her hoodie and shirt to rest my hands on her stomach. Feeling how tense she was.

Leaning down and whispering into her ear "relax".

"You make me this way Billie." Her words sent vibrations through my back. "I do?"

"Of course you do. Are you oblivious?" Kick off started and the crowd got loud again so I moved my head down to listen to her. "Yeah I kinda am."

She chuckled before looking back out to the field.

I should have done it.