Rant 3

3. His ambition and lust for power grew stronger as he grew older. This was quite obvious, actually. He made up a plan for the rat attack and it worked. He was praised for this, of course. But he wanted more. Foxheart, ShadowClan's deputy at the time, died fighting the rats. With Foxheart dead, and knowing that it was HIS plan, Brokentail was sure he'd be the next deputy. But to his shock, Cloudpelt was named deputy. ShadowClan knew that either Cloudpelt or Brokentail were the most popular choices. So after this, furious, Brokentail argues with Raggedstar on him becoming deputy. Raggedstar explains that he can't favoritize his son in front of everyone and says that he hadn't had an apprentice yet, promising him that he'll be made deputy once something happens to Cloudpelt. Brokentail's vindictive and ruthless nature was quite visible when he trained Stumpypaw (Stumpytail). He punished him to hang from a tree branch by his teeth only, just because he was 'too chatty'. Later, he organizes a setup - stealing a rabbit from WindClan and later lying that WindClan stole ShadowClan's prey which led to a battle between these two rival Clans. Cloudpelt was killed during the fight, which was Brokentail's intention. Yellowfang desperately tried to save his life but nothing worked and he died. Later, Raggedstar called a summons, naming a new deputy. This time, every cat knew who the next deputy will be. As Raggedstar announced Brokentail will be the next deputy of ShadowClan, Brokentail sat next to Raggedstar and the Clan cheered his name. Yellowfang was scared of him. Scared of what he'll do since she knew he killed that rabbit and lied about the whole thing. He served as Raggedstar's deputy for 2 moons. He trained cats too hard, organized patrols at night and probably told the other warriors to break the warrior code and eat first. When Frogtail attempted to do so, Brokentail scolded him, saying that's not how a warrior behaves. What a hypocrite, don't you think? He and Raggedstar were in agreement at the moment and they went on a patrol together. Perhaps this was when Brokentail murdered his father to become leader, ripping all his nine lives at once. Power blinded his mind and he'd go as far as to kill his kin for power. So after this he lies that WindClan has killed Raggedstar and acts all upset afterwards. He and Yellowfang travel to the Moonstone for him to receive his nine lives. The last life, compassion, which was given by Sagewhisker, hurt Brokentail so much he could barely stand on the ground. Probably because he lacks compassion. I guess that was the point. The good traits he lacked were given to him by StarClan to set him on the right path. Cedarstar's 'Live by the warrior code' didn't really matter to Brokentail, since he constantly broke it.