Chapter eight

Javier POV

"Be good to her, alright?" Lucas put his hand on my shoulder.

I nodded before going in. The door shut behind me and I looked at Hadley. She was sat up on her headboard and kind of glared at me.

"Can we talk?" I asked her.

"What more is there to talk about?" Hadley laid down on her side.

"I don't know. What you told me at school maybe?"

"Well you can leave. There isn't anything to talk about. Goodbye Javier." Hadley pulled her covers over her head.

"Por favor Hadley posemos hablar?"
(Please Hadley can we talk)

"No hay nada de que hablar." Hadley argued.
(There is nothing to talk about)

"Vamos, no puedos venir a la escuela y decir que te embaracé y luego decir que no hay nada de qué hablar." I raised my voice.
"Come on you can't just come to school and say I got you pregnant then say there is nothing to talk about)

"You made the mistake of pushing me away. Don't you dare come to my house and demand to talk." She sat up and glared at me.

"Is it even mine?" I yelled. "Because seeing lucas come out of your room makes me question it."

"Fuck off Javier. We don't need you and your pathetic ass in our lives. If you don't want to know about it, then don't. If you don't care, then leave now. But I'm no liar and you can ask anyone. I lost my virginity to you, it was you who I've only had sex with. And Lucas has been my best friend since we were babies. So if you don't mind, get the fuck out of my house and leave me alone." Hadley yelled at me.

"Fine. Don't come to me when you need shit for a kid that isn't mine. I'm done, it was a fucking mistake to come up to you at that party." I shouted then left her room.

I could hear her crying when I got to the top of the stairs. What the fuck do i do? I've never been in this situation. What prepares a sixteen year old to become a dad?

"What happened?" Lucas asked me.

"I tried to talk to her. What more can I do? She won't talk to me about it and I don't know what to do?" I replied.

"I don't think yelling at a pregnant girl is going to work. Go back in there and tell her what you want to happen. I've known Hadley since we were babies, she doesn't lie and if she does, I know when she is. And this is something she isn't lying about." Lucas told me then walked away.

I took a deep breath before going back into her room. Hadley was laying down and I could hear hear her soft cries.

"Hadley?"

"Go away Javier. I don't want to see you." She sniffled.

I shook my head before going over to the bed. I took off my shoes and belt before laying next to her. Hesitantly, I lifted up my arm and put it round her waist.

"Lo siento. Por favor, podemos hablar de esto?" I sighed and snuggled my nose into the crook of her neck. Her back pressed up against my chest while I held her close to me.
(I'm sorry. Please can we talk about this)

"Me llamaste mentirosa lo único que no soy." Hadley wiped her nose with her sleeve.

"I know, I'm sorry. Lucas told me that you never lie and I believe him. So I'm guessing you really are having my baby." I sighed.

Hadley laughed a little. "I should've known that you wouldn't believe me. It was a mistake telling you and now you don't want anything to do with it."

"I'm just scared. There has been many girls that have come up to me saying I'm going to be a dad to their baby, but they take a test and it comes out negative. When I saw it say pregnant I just got scared. I'm sixteen, my mum and dad aren't the best parents so I always thought why should I be one." I admitted.

"Nothing can prepare a sixteen year old male to become a father. I just thought it would be better if the kid Is mine, it would have a better life without a dead beat dad like me."

"You won't be like that. You could be better you don't know unless you try. And there is no ifs, trust me javier, this baby is yours." Hadley sobbed.

"I know, I know. But we're sixteen, I don't know how to do this." I sighed.

Me and Hadley sat in comfortable silence after that. Her small sniffles filled the room as we laid on her bed.

All of a sudden, Hadley lifted up the covers and put them over me. She turned to face me and snuggled into me. In the end, we ended up with me kind of laying on top of Hadley, with her leg slightly around my waist.

My cheek was on her chest while one of my arms were around her. Hadley had both of her arms around my neck playing with my hair.

"Why did you come here?" Hadley broke the silence.

"Because I wanted to know what your going to do. It's your body and I've kind of ruined it so I just wanted to know what your doing." I told her.

"I'm keeping it. My dad did give me options of adoption or keeping it but then my mum said I have to live with my consequences so I have no choice. But I love it already so I don't care about anything."

"Ok. If you'll have me, then I want to be there. I'll help the best I can with clothes, food, whatever a baby needs." I said.

"I can't force you to be here. But I would love it for our baby to have their dad around." Hadley looked down at me.

"I'll be here. No matter what happens between us, our baby will have a father present in its life."

"I've started showing." Hadley told me.

"Seriously?" I sat up a bit. She nodded then slightly pushed me from her. She threw off the covers and took off her jumper.

All she had on was a vest so it was tight on her. And for sure, there was a small bump showing. I raised my hand to feel it but then shook my head and dropped it back on the bed.

Just then, Hadley picked it up and placed it on her bump. A smile formed on my face as I felt her and Hadley kept her hand on top of mine.

"I think it's a boy javi. Whenever I think of the baby I've been picturing it as a boy." She smiled at me.

"I don't care. I just want both of you to be healthy. Since it is mine and you are it's mum. Not only that, it's because I made this happen." I sighed.

"It's ok. I'm kind of glad it happened since I love him or her already. So thank you for that."

"No problem." I chuckled a little.