1

Y'all I'm so sorry!!! But anyway here is the sequel to The Transfer! I love you all so much!

3rd person pov

Y/n waited on the platform for the car that was supposed to have come by now. Seeing as it is now thirty minutes late they set down their trunk and took a seat on it. They took out an old pack of Berty Bott's and started eating. An owl landed on their hand knocking the poor jellybeans onto the floor.

"Hello there," Y/n said as they took the letter off of the owl's foot. It looked at them expectantly and they gave it a couple Knuts. It flew off and they opened the letter.

Y/n Y/l/n,

Because of your current living arrangements, you will be staying at the Leaky Cauldron for the summer. Please take the Knight Bus. We will have answer any questions you might have when you arrive.

Staff of the Leaky Cauldron

Y/n reread the letter trying to ease the tightening in their throat. They subconsciously picked at their lip, a habit they had when they were anxious. They quickly picked up their trunk and went to the side of the street. It only took a second for the Knight Bus to pull up after they stuck out they wand. A young man with a bit of an acne problem reached his hand out for the luggage. Y/n gave him their trunk and got in. They sat on a bed near the front and held onto a pole. They had been on the Bus only once: the night their parents died. Memories flooded in.

It was about nine at night. Y/n was only ten. Their parents came down the stairs all dressed up for their night out.
"Are you sure you'll be alright on your own?" Their father said.
"I'll be fine Dad," Y/n said.
They gave him a hug then turned to their mom.
"We'll be back by eleven. Leftovers are in the fridge," their mother said.
"Sounds good. Have fun!" The eleven year old gave their parents one last embrace.

The couple left the house and Y/n plopped on the couch. They occupied themselves for the next two hours by eating the microwave food and watching movies. They waited thirty more minutes past eleven, growing more worried very second. They grabbed a phone and called both of their parents but couldn't seem to reach them. Y/n stayed up all night, calling their parents every hour. The next day a woman knocked on the door. Y/n shot off the couch and flung the door open. The wide grin on their face was quickly wiped off when a stranger met their eyes instead of their parents. The woman had blonde hair and rosy cheeks. She gave Y/n a sad smile. This was enough to let the them know what had happened.

"This is Y/l/n yes?" She said.
The girl nodded.
"May I come in?"
Again Y/n nodded. The two sat down at the kitchen table.
"They're dead aren't they," Y/n said hollowly.
The woman hesitated before saying, "Yes dear."
She opened her arms and Y/n accepted the comfort. Hot tears traced their cheeks.

"I'm here to take you to an orphanage Miss Y/l/n."
"What will happen to my house? And everything inside?" They asked defensively.
"Don't worry about that. It will all be taken care of."
"But that's all I have left of them!"
"I know. Listen, I'll take you to the orphanage for a day. If you don't like it then we'll see what we can do."
Y/n nodded cautiously. They didn't want to leave, but what else would they do? They couldn't live alone in a house at that age.

The two of them drove to a large building with a pleasant exterior. They got out and walked through the yard of nicely mowed grass. The inside of the orphanage was equally beautiful. Maybe this wouldn't be such a bad place after all.