So Bad (3)

NATASHA

King's comment about Malcolm really got under my skin. It was inappropriate and childish for him to bring up my past infidelity at a time like this. Yes I'm a little tipsy, and yes I'm horny and just because I haven't had sex with King in 5 days it doesn't mean that I'm cheating... but I did cheat, and I am putting him through it again. I promised King that I'd remain faithful and let him know when I have the urge to step out. We agreed that we'd either break up completely if I couldn't change my ways, or we'd work it out to curb these nasty habits of mine. I was wrong for pursing Adonis in a drunken stupor, just like I was wrong for pursuing Malcolm. The difference between Malcolm and Adonis is the fact that Malcolm and King were friends, they were partners in music. I came in between a friendship and money, but I lied about as if it would just go away. I lied thinking that I could maintain a healthy relationship with King, and still have my side of Malcolm as I pleased. I lied as if there wouldn't be a consequence to my outside activities, as if King hadn't caught onto my distancing. I lied so much to the point that I didn't care if I smelled like Malcolm's cologne. Lying about the visible passion marks on my body only intensified my naughty thoughts of hoping that the marks between my thighs would deliver a rise from King. This fling with Malcolm was a thrill for me, I couldn't hide that I was in the wrong, but I didn't want the high to end. Though the affair ended, the bond between King and Malcolm was broken. Through my lies and inadequacies, King still felt that I was worth all the trouble. Til this day I still pay for ruining our sacred bond, and somehow I feel that things will never truly go back to normal.

As I walked inside the house I found everyone standing around the table taking shots randomly. The door behind me had opened and it was King. He took my hand and walked over to the table with me and announced that we were leaving. King dapped up Dro, Taye and Rich, and I walked over and hugged Audrey. "We'll finish our convo later right?" she questioned. "Of course honey!" I replied. "You get some rest okay?" she encouraged. "I will" I replied. I walked passed Adonis and pulled Mercedes into a hug. "You guys leaving?" she asked. "Yes, thank you for inviting King and I. Your house is gorgeous" I said kindly. "Please come back and stay the night. I'll make sure to get rid of Adonis" Mercedes said jokingly. "Sis you're drunk, how about you and Adonis have a good time tonight, we'll discuss the girls night later" I said pulling away from her. "Fuck him. He's not even paying attention to me right now" Mercedes said. My eyes got wide as I looked around the room and saw Adonis on his phone away from everyone. "Just go talk to him Merc" I encouraged. "Later. Thank you and King for coming, ya'll drive safe" Mercedes urged. "We will" I said. As I walked away I received a text message from an unknown number.

Unknown: Let's meet tomorrow.

Me: Who is this?

Locking my phone, I walked outside to get some air. I received a message from the unknown number and opened my messages. I opened the attachment to find a picture of Adonis and I from the club. In the picture we were really close to each other, we looked boo'd up. I was smirking playfully, while Adonis stuck his tongue out; his dimples showing slightly. We looked like a couple enjoying a night out on the town. I eyed the picture for a moment, not knowing how to respond and confused at who was texting me. I felt guilty standing on Mercedes' property with the possibility that her fiancé could be texting me. I locked my phone and closed my eyes to take a deep breath. Exhaling, I could hear King's voice "You ready to go?" he asked.

"Yeah" I said simply. We walked down to the driveway and got into the car. I put on my seatbelt and leaned against the window to relax. I could feel King's eyes on me from time to time as he drove. King placed his hand on my thigh in a comforting manner, "You okay over there?" he asked. I jumped at his touch and moved my thigh away from his grasp. "I'm fine King" I said coldly. He sighed, "I'm sorry for what I said back there. You know I didn't mean it" King replied apologetically. "How should I know that King? You do have a habit of bringing him up. But I never thought that you'd bring Malcolm up in public!" I replied. "We were alone!" King said. "Anyone could've walked outside! Who knows, someone might've heard us already!" I raised my voice. The car slowed down as we approached a stoplight. "Baby, I said I was sorry. I shouldn't have brought it up" King said. I shook my head, "It's been almost 2 years and you still find a way to bring up my past. You always tell me how we've progressed and that you love me, but yet; whenever you get suspicious you find a way to throw it back in my face. Jermaine I am sorry that I haven't fucked you since I hung out with Alana. I'm sorry that I turned you down this morning, but I tried to make up for it and suggest that we leave early but you wanted to stay." I admitted.