•1.) Firsts for Everything

•Modern AU•

Zuko's POV:

Letting out an annoyed huff escape my throat, I roll my eyes as I listen to my girlfriend talk about her Jack ass of a boss again.

"I'm telling you Zuko, you can't make this up!" She laughs as she tries to keep her annoyance at bay, while mine is burning deep inside me with hot embers.

"I don't know why you haven't quit. I make enough for you to just do your art." I look down at her with a raised eyebrow in bewilderment to how she has put up with the amount of outrageous encounters she deals with every day.

"You know I don't like putting that much on you to make the money for our home." She huffs at me, her cheeks puffing at me causing me to chuckle inwardly to myself.

Reaching up, I gently graze my hand against her cheek causing her eyes to widen at the sudden affection.

Our relationship has only been a few months so I've never been the one to touch or be affectionate, but with out 6 month anniversary coming up, the idea of surprising her with a night dedicated to her sparked in me. Besides, that adorable spark in her eyes and the crimson flush of her cheeks always fuels me to do more to her.

We've never done much more than slow make outs, holding hands, anything soft and always behind closed doors. It took us 4 months to even feel the need to tell anyone, including our own family about our relationship.

Rubbing her now warm cheek, I lean in making my face mere inches away from hers and our noses touching. I smirk at her bewildered expression before I quickly wrap my arm around her waist and pull her to sit in my lap with her legs straddling my lap. The quiet yelp she let out gave me a burst of confidence as I smirked up at her, my hand now resting on her hip.

"Z-Zuko-! What's with this burst of confidence?" She stutters out as she avoids eye contact as I lean in closer up to her warm face.

With a husky chuckle, I use my hand on her cheek to press the other side of her cheek to cause her sheepish face to me. With one final teasing wink, I lean in and my lips press against her soft, lip gloss covered lips. They tasted of watermelon lip gloss and a faint taste of her iced coffee I had bought her on the drive home. The sweet vanilla and watermelon causing me to deepen the kiss as I drag my tongue across her bottom lip.

The soft groan against my chapped lips elicits me to open my eyes and look up to her fluttering lashes against her cheeks and her bright cherry colored cheeks. Pulling away, I instantly dive into against her neck and latch my lips onto the soft skin; my senses heighten and my grasp on her hip tightens as I take in her intoxicating scent. Something switches in me and in a split second, I'm having her pinned to the couch with my knee between her tightly pressed together thighs and both clenched fists on each side of her head.

"Have I ever told you that you are absolutely radiant under me?" I purr as I look down at her, strands of my hair falling into view as I look down at her pinned form.

She tries to stutter out something but ultimately fails, causing me to smirk as I gaze down at her body, noticing her hips softly wiggling against my thigh.

"Z-Zuko~" I hear her whine, my eyes trail back up to her and I notice a new look of hunger in her gaze.

My eyes slightly widen at her new expression, throwing me off guard before I grin and reach down and grasp the hem of her shirt. Tugging softly at it as a silent inquiry to remove the pesky article of clothing. She nods and arches her back slightly to encourage me before raising her arms up to aid me in removing the soft fabric.