Chapter 4

I survived my first week at work-only just. Today I leave with Kole to New York. Dad is still ignoring me and spending his nights with his girlfriend. I know Kole has been checking in with him but Kole and I are barely talking after the whole incident at the lunch bar.

I parked my car outside the office building to see the car that was taking us to the airport was already there waiting. I gave my bag to the drive waiting by the door for Kole. He came five minutes later carrying a light suitcase and a suit bag.

He smiled at me opening the door, he waited for me to climb in before coming in behind me. He took out his phone sending me his already booked out schedule "can you please rearrange my schedule so that I have all day tomorrow free. I have having no down time before meetings all day the following day."

I looked at his schedule and gulped "Kole you have meeting book for all day tomorrow. It's either have meetings today, back-to-back or we stay for longer."

Kole thought about it for a moment "add an extra two days into our trip. On the last day rebook the meetings. On the two days we have spare you can do what you wish with your time but I need you present taking note during the meetings."

I nodded my head "yeah, I had assumed that. I will call the business men when we reach the hotel and then book the extra two days, they shouldn't have any problems."

We arrived at the plane fifteen minutes for a half day flight. We arrived in New York late in the afternoon. I went straight into the lobby to change the meeting dates. They weren't happy about it but complied. I then checked in and asked the receptionist to change our check-out date. She was a real piece of work. I only got a response when I threatened to call her supervisor. She broke the news that there would only be one room available because of a conference happening in the hotel for those last two days. I took the one room a and stalked over to Kole.

He was hanging up the phone when I reached him, I laughed nervously "I was able to move the meeting but expect to hear it on the day. The car has been booked and the flights changed but the hotel has a convention on those days and there is only one room available. I have been told that there is a hotel down the road, not as good but I will book myself a room there."

Kole shook his head "surely they can arrange a pull out couch I can sleep on."

I smiled at him "that won't be necessary, I will figure something out. Now we should head up to our room and freshen up. I will see you later?"

Kole nodded "if you want I know a great place we can go to dinner. I personally think you would love it."

I nodded "I would like that very much, unless you would rather be doing something different. Don't put your plans on hold for me."

Kole shook his head "I don't have plans until later in the night, you could join me for that if you want."

I shook my head "I couldn't impose on all of your plans."

Kole laughed "it's not imposing if I give you an invitation."

I smiled at him "thank you."

I went upstairs for a quick nap before getting dressed for dinner. I wore a white romper with dark blue stripes that fell mid-thigh. It tied at my waist and was kept together with a line of buttons.

I knocked on Kole's door when I was done

I knocked on Kole's door when I was done. He answered the door wearing tight black slacks and a white button down that hung open by his sides. I blushed "I find it hard to believe that you of all people would answer the door topless."

He looked amuse "and why is that, Morgan?"

I shrugged "you are getting on on age, ya' know. I thought I saw a grey the other day."

He glared harshly at me as he came closer, he grabbed my hand pulling me into his chest "I am not old nor am I getting any grey hairs."

I wrapped my other arm around his neck running my fingers through his arm "are you sure?"

He bit on his lower lip bringing it into his mouth "very."

I brought my fingers up and through the fringe of his hair "do you dye your hair?"

He scoffed "never."

My smile increased "it's a shame, I could imagine what the woman at work would call you then."

He cocked his eyebrow at me, a smile teased at his face "and what do they call me?"

I shrugged "this and that." I pulled away from him "are you going to finish getting dressed or are we going to leave with you dressed like that?"

He huffed doing his buttons up in a timely fashion. Before we left he grabbed a tie and a black suit jacket. He tied it flawlessly as we ride the elevator down to the ground floor. He wrapped his arm around my waist pulling me into his side as we passed a group of people.

I smiled as we walked half a block down to the restaurant. He pulled out my chair for me to sit down. I smiled at him excepting it. He then took his seat opposite me. I took a glance at the drink menu, I insisted that he order something he think I would like-without alcohol. He rolled his eyes ordering a bottle of red wine. "They won't check your ID here."

I nodded bringing the glass up to my mouth. It wasn't something I drink everyday but it was nice. Dinner went too quickly before he was leading me into a bar.