Chapter: 3 Break Up

Jacob hadn't slept all night. He was so tired, but the weekends had ended, so he had school. He had an important exam, so he couldn't stay home. He thought of calling Eva, but he hadn't gotten over the night before yet, so he decided not to. He got ready for school, and left. 

Eva's POV

I woke up in the hospital. Melanie was talking to the doctors. I didn't understand why I was there, so I asked Melanie.

"You fainted, so we brought you to the hospital."

"We?"

"Yeah, Jacob was the one who saw you lying in the kitchen. He left before the ambulance came though."

"He did? Oh..I thought he would stay with me."

"He seemed kind of mad...I don't really know why, maybe he just had a bad day."

I sighed, and asked the doctors if I could leave.

"You're free to go. But if the head-aches continue, then you might need to get checked."

I nodded, and left with Melanie. There was an important exam coming up, but Melanie insisted that I stayed home.

"I'll try to convince the teachers to give you the exam another day."

"You don't even go to the same university!"

"They won't notice. I'll say that I'm a new student."

"Like that's going to work."

"It is! Just wait and see for yourself."

"Fine, but if you get in trouble,  don't expect me to save you."

"No need to anyways. I won't get in trouble."

Melanie drove me home, and left immediately after. I tried calling Jacob several times, but he didn't pick up. I guess he was in school. I laid in bed, watching Netflix the whole day. I should have studied for the exam, but I didn't bother to cause I wouldn't be taking it anyways.

Jacob's POV

I arrived at school, exactly 5 minutes before class started. I went to class, and did the test. I finished the test, 2 hours later. At lunch time I went to my usual table, and sat there eating with my friend.

"Dude, I haven't seen your girlfriend the whole day! Where is she?", Adam, my friend, asked.

"Honestly, I have no idea.", I said, not even looking at him.

"What do you mean "You don't know"? She's YOUR girlfriend, you are supposed to know!"

"But I don't."

"Did you guys come into a fight or something?"

"Perhaps."

"I know I shouldn't get involved into the fight, but maybe you should try to make up."

"What's the use?! She'll say sorry, then start thinking about him again!"

"Him?"

"She's constantly thinking about her EX! I just can't with it anymore! It's like she's in love with him!"

"Maybe she is..."

"W-what?...You can't be serious?! I-I thought she was in love with me!"