02 | TWO-FACED

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

HUANG FAMILY MANSION
7:30 PM, FRIDAY
TWO YEARS AGO

HUANG RENJUN

Today was supposed to be a normal day of me hanging out with my friend group, the usual. But that quickly changed when I received a call from my mother telling me something very important came up last minute.

Worriedly, I had to cancel all my plans and sprint out of school the very moment the bell rang.

Dashing through dozens of people while riding my bike in a very frantic-like way, eventually arriving at home and quickly sprinting through the entrance.

Ah, Renjun you're here.❞ my dad said in his monotone voice, ❝Glad you could still join us, take a seat.❞ he added.

Slightly caught of guard I took a seat next to my mom, beside me a woman that looked around my mom's age dressed in expensive formal attire.

This are Mr and Mrs Han.❞ my dad said, starting to trail off into explaining how he and Mr Han have been planning and working into merging both companies into a single very powerful one.

But what did this have to do with me?

I mean, I've NEVER had any interest in this whole company thing and probably will never have.

Guessing that I was really deep in thought, my dad cleared his throat, quickly making me look back at him, his dark orbs piercing through mine, sending shivers down my spine.

As I was saying...❞ he said, recalling his previous statement, ❝to settle the unison between both companies, you and Mr Han's daughter are gonna be inheriting it as a couple.

Suddenly the world stopped, everything completely freezing on my head.

Is this really happening?❞ I said to myself, fear quickly taking over me. Truly what I least expected, yet most feared.

While on the other hand, Mr Han's daughter: Han Saerom was filled with joy, a very noticeable smile on her face that she very confidently showed.

I hope we can get along and become closer over time, Renjun.❞ she suddenly spoke, breaking the silence that once engulfed the room.

We're gonna get along just as fine.❞ she added as she made her way to sit next to me, squeezing my hand slightly in a comforting way.

But to me, this didn't feel right. All her movements and expressions just felt forced, as if she's trying too hard to be someone else that she's not.

. . .

LUCERIA ACADEMY
CLASSROOM 127
9:30 AM, WEDNESDAY
PRESENT

And just like I assumed, she was a complete different person to how she acted that specific day.

A true embodiment of a two-faced.

Suddenly, the bell started ringing, bringing me back to reality and filling the once quiet-ish classroom with its usual noisy environment.

Feeling slightly light-headed I stood up from my seat and decided to leave for a breather, but was quickly pulled down back to my seat by none other than Saerom, my "girlfriend". Ugh I hate that word.

Renjun-ah~❞ she said in her usual high pitched, clearly forced tone, ❝What?❞ I replied blankly.

Don't talk to me like that!❞ she whined.

I truly hated this whole act of hers and even more when I started feeling glares from my classmates and students that were passing by.

Get yourself together Renjun.❞ I said to myself, quickly changing my expression.

I'm sorry, Saerom.❞ I said, grabbing her hand as I stroked it with my thumb, ❝I just didn't get enough sleep last night.❞ I quickly came up with an excuse.

Yeah yeah, whatever.❞ she rolled her eyes.

Well that attitude changed rather quick.

My dad said we're gonna be meeting this afternoon at Zero Mile.❞ Saerom said as she quickly pried herself off of my hold, clearly disgusted by it.

You see, sooner or later I found out that Saerom agreed to this whole couple thing the moment she heard that she was inheriting her father's company.

As for me, I never had an intend of tagging along with my dad's business, but I guess life had other plans for me. Not really a fan of them though.

At the end of the day, I know that both of us hated this whole idea, but had no other choice than to keep the act going to please our greedy for money parents.

Be sure to wait for me at the entrance so we can walk together, okay?❞ she said as I nodded slightly.

Great! See you around~!❞Saerom exclaimed, as she messed up my hair playfully, whilst I gave her a not so nice glare and mouthed 'stop it'.

People are watching us, Huang Renjun.

this is sooo messy
i'll make it up to you
guys on the next one <3

let me just cry-

[unedited;]

- 𝙣𝙖𝙗𝙞