𝘰𝘯𝘦, 01

"I've realized that I care very deeply about
very few things in life."

━━━━━━━━━━━━

Aiden knows; he knows that it's going to be hard to settle here

Nothing but deep, dark, green forests for miles. Everything is wet and green and drenched in shade. Sitting in the back of a police cruiser was certainly not an ideal way of transport for Aiden. His sister got lucky enough to sit in the front because apparently, 'Aiden you need to be a gentlemen', according to his mother anyway. But was she here? No, instead he was stuck with the two awkwardest people he's met, who by the way are sitting next to each other in the front seats. One being his sister, Bella and the other being their father, Charlie, the police chief. Just like Bella, he was introverted and awkward. There was never any point to strike a conversation with the two as it always ended up with strained silence which contrasts with Bella's relationship with her mother.

"Your hair's longer," Charlie finally spoke up, hoping to rid the silence, but is lucky ever on the Swan family's side? No, it never was.

"I cut it since last time I saw you," Bella replied, making the atmosphere become the opposite of Charlie's goal. 

"Guess it grew out again," Charlie guessed, Bella just nods in response. Silence, once again. Aiden was a second away from bashing his head repeatedly against the glass window, "How's your mom?"

"Good," Bella answers back

More silence. Great. Aiden having enough of their awkward conversations finally says something, "You know what? Let's just keep the conversations until later, huh?" As he says this they pass a sigh: 'The City Of Forks Welcomes You' with a population number of '3247'.

•••

The cruiser pulls up to the old two-story house. A woodshed full of firewood. There's a small boat in the garage, fishing gear, an old buoy. The twins climb out to their new... home.

Bella and Charlie carry in Bella's bags while Aiden shoos them off when they try to get his. The house isn't stylish(the only new thing here is a Flat Screen T.V.), but it's comfortable, lived-in. Lots of fishing memorabilia; photos of Charlie fishing with Quileute Indian, Billy Black, who Aiden has totally forgotten about.Handmade cards to "Daddy" and photos of Bella and Aiden. Aiden watches as Bella winces at herself, age 7, in a tutu, sitting stubbornly on the ground, making him snicker. The sound snapping Bella out of her thoughts to give him a playful glare plus a quick slap on the arm. 

"I put Grandpa's old desk in your room," Charlie tells Bella before turning to Aiden, "Your room is completely the same, I didn't mess with it.  And I cleared some shelves in the bathroom."