Last Day Under The Sun

It all went well until it was time to set up the tent.

"That's wrong, you idiot!"

"Don't shout at me."

"Stop swearing so much."

"Can you all be quiet for a moment? I'm trying to concentrate."

The four teens sat in a circle, trying to set up their tents for the night but even though they had powers, they couldn't quite manage to do so.
Their supervisor Em, or better said the current avatar and head of the village they came from, stood at the edge of the cliff, further away from the group and tried to ignore the quiet sounds she heard.
What most of her villagers didn't know was that she wasn't completely deaf. Not yet at least. So, all of the bickering was still noticed by the supervisor, even without seeing their lips move.

"You all have to calm down and find a way to set up your tents together."

She turned around to them and couldn't help but smile. They weren't listening, as usual, but there was no need for that since they already started to cooperate.

Sky, the one who shouted at first, was now reading the instructions loud and clearly.
She was an airbender.
Sky and most of the other airbenders enjoyed climbing up high.
They liked hiking, so this was the perfect opportunity for her. She could also immediately tell when the air was different in some way when visiting a place, which definitely helped in getting fresh and clean air.

Agni, the one who told Sky not to shout at her, was now carefully listening to her reading the instructions and followed them step by step.
She was a firebender.
Agni had already lit a fire with the firewood she gathered. Like all firebenders, the girl talked about the different types of trees and which ones burned easier, collecting the best fire wood for their camp.
She immediately lit a match and left the others amazed at how quickly she did it on the first try.

Even though they both had their preferences, they were a good team. They shouted at each other and fought but always made up afterwards. Their friendship was a strong one.

The other two were a good team too, but they weren't the biggest fans of camping.

Gaia, the third of the group who hated swearing to death, was now complaining about her instructions being too complicated.
She was an earthbender.
All earth benders were great with plants of any kind, but they preferred to stay in their gardens, which were the most beautiful ones.
They liked picnics and just laying in the grass.
Even though Gaia loved being outside, she would always chose her garden over a wood. Her flowers were her everything.

Caspian, the only boy of the group who just wanted a bit silence, was now loudly rummaging through the bag in which their tent was in.
He was a waterbender.
Caspian and all the other waterbenders were excellent swimmers. They were happy in water, since it was their element.
Waterbenders always noticed the slightest difference in the taste of water, no matter what.
They would tell others that water was really important and made sure that everyone else was hydrated.

"I need water now."

He sat down on a fallen tree and drank a whole bottle of cold water, feeling better afterwards.

"Caspian, I need help. I don't understand these instructions."

Gaia got up and walked over to him, handing him the papers and then took off her shoes, walking around the small meadow they were on.

"Gaia, you have to help Caspian. He can't set up the tent on his own."

"But I don't understand them, Sky."