07💕~

[don't forget to vote lovely ones]

Aside from almost forgetting to pick up Aura from school, the rest of Sarawat and Tine's afternoon went without a hitch. The 8-year old was well-behaved, eating her snacks, and doing her homework diligently. And when her brother woke up from his nap, she played with him to distract him while Sarawat and Tine got dinner ready.

When dinner was ready, they gathered at the dining table and said their thanks for the food. Panit was placed on his high chair and Sarawat spent some time cutting up the meat into small, bite-sized pieces for him. Following Type's instructions on the fridge, he mixed the meat with some rice and bite-sized meat and placed the plate and a small plastic fork in front of the toddler.

Panit immediately took a tiny spoonful, dropping some of the food on his front.

"Uncle, you forgot his bib," piped Aura from her spot.

"Oh!" Sarawat ran out of the room for a few seconds before coming right back in. "Um... where..."

"It's on his chair." Aura pointed to the high chair's back where a green bib with cute little ducks was draped over.

"Oh, I didn't see it there." Immediately, the dancer fastened the bib around the baby's neck. "I guess I would have to give him a bath later." He turned to Aura with a smile. "How's the food?"

"Yummy!" said the little girl, happily munching on the meat.

Beside her, Tine nodded. "I don't expect less from Type, his cooking is amazing."

Sarawat agreed, as he too finally dug in. "What do you want to do after dinner, Aura?" he asked the 8-year old.

Aura tapped her chopsticks against her cheek, contemplating. And at that moment, Sarawat swore that she looked like Type for a second. They say that adopted children sometimes take in characteristics of their adopted family so they start resembling each other. 

If he didn't know Aura, he would have thought she really was biologically Type's. He felt a small stab of jealousy, so he glanced at Tine who, surprisingly, looked interested in the little girl's answer.

"Let's watch a movie!" said Aura with a bright smile. "Appa and Daddy let me stay up an hour later and we watch movies sometimes."

All of a sudden, food flew across the table, landing on Tine's hair. Sarawat's eyes widened as he turned to Panit, who was innocently mashing at his food with his spoon. Meanwhile, Tine groaned as he brushed the bits of rice, meat, and spaghetti off his hair.

"Oh, that means he's full now," said Aura, looking at her brother. "Bad, Panit! Appa says it's not nice to throw your food! He throws food at Daddy sometimes too."

The baby simply giggled, throwing the food at Sarawat now, who dodged.

"Appa usually takes his plate away by now," Aura said again, but her voice this time was low.

Sarawat took her advice and took the plate away as well as the spoon. The baby froze, staring at Sarawat with eyes of disbelief.

"Daddy takes him to the living room after and Appa saves him food," continued the 8-year-old, voice shaky now.

Sarawat and Tine's eyes were now on Aura, who was pushing the food around her plate, her mood suddenly down.

"Aura-aa?" Sarawat tried to call out.

The little girl's lips began to tremble.

Tine's eyes widened as beads of silent tears began to fall from Aura's eyes. "Hey, are you okay, kid?" he asked, warily placing a hand on her shoulder.

"I... I miss Appa... and Daddy..."

And then, to their shock, the silent tears turned into full-blown crying. Sarawat almost fell out of his chair as he scrambled over to the little girl. Her entire face was now red, her eyes screwed shut, and her nose scrunched as she sniffled. And then... she began to wail.

"Appa! Daddy! When are you coming home?! I want you to come home!"

Tine flashed him a panicked look. "Wat! What do we do?!"

"I..."

Aura's crying was then joined by piercing shrieks. The two adults turned their heads to see Panit, also crying as he wriggled in his seat. He must have sensed his sister's distress and was now joining along. Either that or he was not happy that Sarawat took away his spoon.

"Wat! What do we do?!" Tine repeated, going over to the baby.

He hesitated before picking him up and bouncing him like he had seen Tharn and Type do many times.

"Aura-ah, please stop crying," Sarawat pleaded, as he wiped her face with his hands.

But, Aura continued to cry, calling out for her fathers. Panit seemed to realize the absence of their fathers as well since his shrieks got louder and even more piercing... or he didn't like Tine's rough bouncing. At that point, they had no idea what on earth was happening. All they knew was that they now that two hysterical children in their charge.

The SarawatTine couple looked at each other from across the table, their faces mirroring each other and the same question running through their minds: What do we do?!?!

--------

So, that was wid the kids!