Chapter XLIV: You belong with me

An S-class mission is assigned to Kakashi and Erza both with the same rank, this is going to be their first mission alone together. The quest is to lift the curse on Galuna Island- also known as the Island of demons. Upon exploring that island, they discover a temple with underground ruins that hide the ice prison of the Demon of Disaster. The reward is 7,000, 000 and a golden key.

The two arrive at the port in Hargeon Town . They ask the sailors to bring them to the island designated for the mission, but all of them refuse, as the island is viewed as cursed around the port. During their quest of looking for a willing sailor, while Kakashi asked for a ride, Erza got into a fight with a random group of bandits saving a child. 

"Let go of her" she demanded

"What do we have here, Do you want us to capture instead, We are going to have a lot of with you" one of them slyly said

"I f you don't hand her over to me then prepare to taste the blade of my swords" she warned them

"Why don't you get her yourself" the leader demanded

"You will not see that light of day. Tenrin no Yoroi- Tenrin: Burūmenburatto" as she reequips to her  Heaven's Wheel Armor charges at her opponent and slice them with two of her sword and a mass amount of swords was sent flying towards her enemies rendering them unconscious.

"Thank you, such a beautiful angel. When I grow up I want to be as strong as you. What is your name?" the kid asked

"If you truly desire greatness, you must first know what makes you weak! But what's important isn't the Magic, it's the heart of the wielder who uses it and always be kind." she lectures the little girl patting her head gently and smiles

"You're good with kids, you'll make a good teacher at the academy or captain of a three man team and maybe a good mother" Kakashi commented making her blush and just smiled in return.

One of the sailors notices that they are Mages, he immediately offers to take them to Galuna island. 

"Are you mages?" 

"Yes we are, Fairy Tail is our guild and we are S-class mages" she answered

"Will you be able to break the curse?"

"That's our mission" kakashi confirmed

"Come on aboard, I'll take you there"

"Thank you" the two answered in unison

On the way to the island, the sailor tells them his name is Bobo and shows them the results of the curse on the island by revealing his left arm which looks like the arm of a demon. As they look at his demonic arm in shock, Bobo points to Galuna Island. They look at the island and then turn to ask him something just to find that he has disappeared, leaving them confused as a giant wave approaches and engulfs them.

Erza wakes up on the shore of Galuna Island and finds Kakashi. They set off and find the village that had requested their help. To their surprise, the villagers all have parts of their bodies that are of a monster's or a demon's. The village chief, , tells them that ever since the moon changed to a purple color, they have been cursed. When the purple moon brightly shines above them, their whole bodies turn to that of a demon's. The duo had been startled by a live demonstration of this as the purple moon shows itself from behind the clouds. Moka adds that in the morning, they return to their previous forms, but sometimes, it truly transforms someone into a real Demon and he loses his mind. In situations like that, the villagers had no choice but to kill that person to protect themselves. The villagers tell them that they want Fairy Tail to destroy the moon in order to stop the curse.

The two stays in the village for the night. 

"I will be going back to Konoha after this mission, will you go home with me?"  

"Kakashi, this is my home and  I have been gone long enough so this time I'm staying"

"Are you sure? I mean, You belong down in Konoha with me"

"That's true but I belong to Fairy Tail too, and master needs me, some one should keep Gray and Natsu in place"

"So what's gonna happen to us? I can't survive a day away from you, that's why I went under cover as Mystogan so I can be close to you"

"I know, I'll be back to Konoha before you know it. But you need to be the hokage first"

"If I become the hokage will you stay with me permanently?"

"If you become the hokage- I'll marry you"

Kakashi froze, speechless and flustered. Erza slept and he watched her sleeping face submerged in the beautiful feeling this woman gave him and then next day, they head out to explore the island and look for another way to lift the curse other than destroying the moon. They find an ancient temple and go inside. While they are inside, Erza pounds her feet on the floor to test it. The ground crumbles and they fall down into a secret underground cave. They search ahead and find a giant Demon encased in ice.

Erza is shocked and nervous to find this particular Demon here. She then proceeds to tell Kakashi that the Demon is called Deliora and that it ravaged Gray's homeland ten years ago. His teacher, Ur , gave her life to seal it in that ice. 

Erza Uchiha, with the help of Kakashi Hatake, breaks the membrane that was covering Galuna Island and releases its residents from its curse. Erza and Kakashi are going to destroy the moon and the villagers are excited, but some are a bit frightened. Erza devises a plan; she will throw the De-Malevo-Lance, and kakashi will propel it even more with his Katon. Everything is ready and the Spear is thrown. Apparently, the Spear breaks the Moon, but, after a few seconds, it is shown that it's not the Moon that crumbles; instead it's a transparent membrane created by the Moon Drip. This membrane was apparently the reason why the moon looked purple, and also the reason why the villagers lost their memories.

The villagers are revealed to have been Demons from the beginning, but the dome manipulated their memories into thinking that they were humans. They remember this fact, and also remember their history and the reason why they couldn't approach the ruins, being of darkness, they couldn't get near such holy light. After these events, Bobo enters the village, and shows everyone that in fact he is alive. Everyone rejoiced, and spread their wings. They dance in the night's sky like angels and then decide to have a feast. Everyone is happy to participate, and the villagers' ability to return in a human form is shown. Some of the girls, including Lulu, hit on Kakashi, who gets up and sat beside Erza while they relax.

"Erza, promise me not to give in Sasuke's request. I'll help you find a way to restore your clan. You're mine and mine alone you hear me?"

"Jealous of Sasuke? or threatened that he might snatch me away from you?

"Yeah, not only Sasuke, I'm afraid of loosing you to someone else without a fight since I'm not here to fight. There is Gray who is your childhood best friend, Jellal who is your ex-boyfriend,  Sasuke who is supposed to be betrothed to you and bears the weight of you two rebuilding the clan. You see all of them has the right to be with you and they have the edge."

"They sure are a threat if you look at it that way. But don't you trust me? Don't you trust my heart?"

"It's just that unlike me, I am a nobody. I just had the opportunity to get to you first."

"Don't you see it Kakashi? That's fate. I was destined to meet you before Sasuke and Itachi did. It was written in the stars that Jellal and I broke up and Gray- It was his luck that brought me to him but his weakness lost me. like what you said, It's to you I belong"

"I'll be the hokage and a father to an Uchiha, I promise"

She just nodded in response and melted in his arms.