[fe: awakening] robin; tactics

this is kind of like a rewrite of one of my old fanfics a long time ago, so enjoy :0

______________________

Robin's eyes are onto your hands, watching your delicate fingers move the chess piece into your favor. For a quick moment, he sees a sign of hesitation when you almost put it in the wrong spot. "Scared you're going to lose, Y/N?" he taunts you, his little smirk coming out. You scoff at him and place your chess piece down, thinking how cocky he must be feeling now. 

"Of course not because I'm not going to lose." He shakes his head. 

"We'll see about that," he says, moving his chess piece. Unfortunately for you, it's a clever one and it'll take you some creative thinking to figure out how to defeat him. Placing your thumb and pointer finger on your chin, you lean back and take in the whole picture. Robin's expression looks as if he thinks he's already won; he should take it off now if he knows what's going on inside your brain. 

'If that one is there and my piece is there...'  you think quietly to yourself, going over whatever moves you have left to rule out any other options. 

"Take your time, we've got all-"

"I got it!" you exclaim, jumping up to your feet and moving your piece, ultimately marking the end of the game. "I won!" 

Robin stares in disbelief as you dance around him, mocking his arrogance during the whole game. "Fine, you win Y/N," he sulks and digs himself further into his seat, awaiting his 'punishment'.

"Aw, come on sweetie. It's just a game," a giggle comes out of you, making Robin feel a bit madder. You wrap your arms around his neck and give him a little squeeze. His arm squeezes one of yours for a short second and he goes back to crossing his arms. 

You pout and after having your fun, you decide it's enough teasing for one day. You go on your tippy-toes and give him a peck on the lips, as faint blush brushes over your boyfriend's cheeks. 

"Feel better?"

"Yeah. Much better."