Chapter 4

✴✴Roxy's pov ✴✴
Crap!

As everyone stood he still kept his eyes on me. I ducked behind Whiskey. He was heading for me. Whiskey turned to me.

"What are you doing?"

"I need you to create a distraction." He frowned.

"What? Why?" I didn't have time for this. I gave him a small smile.

"Please Whiskey? For me?" He sighed.

"Fine. But you better tell me what's going on when I get back."

He walked up to Melissa and whispered into her ear. She smiled sweetly at him then walked up to the king. Thanks Whiskey. I duck behind crowds and walk towards the door. So close. I put my hand on the handle when I heard the most animalistic growl ever. To be honest, I was kinda scared.

I rushed through the door and banged it behind me. That should but me some time. I hitch my dress up as I turn a corner. I stop.in my tracks when I see him in front of me. Oh, shit!

I enter a room and look around. It's a library. I push a few bookshelves onto the door. That should keep him out. I hear the door rattle and a voice from the outside.

"You may run sweetheart but I'll still catch you." I scrunched my eyebrows.

"Did you just call me sweetheart?" He chuckles . Okay that was sexy but still, the nerve of this guy. He's so cocky.

"Do you prefer my darling?" I scoff.

" I'm not your anything. You hear?" I hear a soft growl from outside.

"Your my mate. So you are mine. So come out now, your driving me crazy"

I spot a window and run to it. I open the window. Sweet freedom. I look down and see I ran up to the second floor. Cheeseballs! I hear more banging at the door. I pray for a way out and spot a pile of leaves at the bottom. It was a big pile but I'm just not sure.

After five minutes of playing pros and cons, I hear the door open. Pros,6 and cons,17 but I don't have time. I jumped with my fingers crossed, hoping I don't die. I shut my eyes and wait for my bones to break but it didn't happen. I hear the rustling leaves instead. I open one eye slowly, making sure I didn't die. I push through the leaves and dust myself off.

"I'm alive? I'm alive. I'm alive!", I whisper yell.

I hitch my dress up and walk toward towards the gates.