Chapter 1

Welcome to the first chapter of 'The Laurel Lovers, I hope you this short introduction of The book and Achilles.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My fist connected with his face

My fist connected with his face. Then his stomach. Then the other side of his face. I stepped back to give him a breather and me a break, it's not like I wanted to knock him out. Not yet anyway.
It's the last day of summer before school and the stress start all over again. Every my father pushes me to get the best grades so I could have a good career and a good pay check when I leave. He never took into consideration what I wanted. What I needed. So boxing was my vice, my way of ranting and relaxing after a stressful day. I have always enjoyed boxing and beloved it's was cathartic to punch something and feeling all the bad energy flow out of your body through your arms to your fist and into the object of your choice, it clears your mind and the only price is the dull ache in your knuckles. I was never affected by the pain and that's why I like to finding new faces to pummel every night.
The new guy I was paired with tonight stood a few feet away from me slouching with his mouth wide in a pant and his droopy black eyes staring at me. With his fists barely raised at this point due to his exhaustion.  "You done yet?" He asked hoping I'd say yes.
"Not even started newbie" I replied smirking at him installing fear into his eyes as I threw him another right hook.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hope you enjoyed. Remember to vote!!