chapter 2

Guess what, its Friday again. It’s been two weeks since the baby project and a lot has changed. I was stress ball changing left and right with it, but good thing Sean’s there to help me with it, after all, he’s my partner.

Speaking of Sean, he changed. A good change, I must say. Though, he still hangs out with his friends. The change in him though is that he starts to hangouts with me like we use to be when we were 10. Such as watching TV shows, playing card games, sleepovers, and just other friend things.

I am currently backstage rehearsing my lines. Then I heard someone shout, “Kaycee Rice! On deck.” As I prepare myself on stage right, I wait for the lines to cue my entrance. 

While I start my lines, I notice a tall lad with jet-black hair with reading glasses on enter the auditorium.  He takes a seat on the far right, he winked at me and I can’t help but feel butterflies. Focus, Kaycee.

After the rehearsals, “Is that Kaycee Rice!?” I heard someone behind me exclaim. I turn around and saw him. I try to hide my smile and rolled my eyes.

“What are you doing here?” I asked

“Hello to you to Kaycee. I texted Laura that you’ll be home late. I wanted to bring you somewhere.” Sean said. 

“Are you kidnapping me!?” I said as I heard him laugh. Gosh, why do you have to be cute laughing? 

“Come on, let’s go.” he said as he get the duffel bag I carry and he slings it to his shoulder. I was not able to protest since I feel drained from the rehearsals. 

I didn’t notice that we already arrive at the place he was talking about. I guess I was asleep during the drive.

“Where are we?” I asked, fidgeting my fingers.

“May I?” he asked, as I notice him holding a clothed assuming to be a blindfold.

Woah! Where is this going!? I knew he’s going to sell me!? I’M NOT READY! Does Sean bring every girl here and do something nasty!? No Kaycee! Bad!  A bunch of thoughts runs thru my mind. I feel my heart's beating fast and the space gets tinier by the second.

“Uhm… Never mind then, just please close your eyes.”  Sean said.

“Sorry.. sorry... I-I’m just surprised.” I replied.

I turn around and let him blindfold me. I can hear the click of his door, then I heard my door open. I feel his hands carefully grab mine, just from his careful touch I feel so fragile. Stay calm Kaycee.

“I promise not to leave you, Kaycee. Well, not just in this situation but anything I promise not to leave you.” I heard Sean whispers to my ear. With this, my heart steadily beats from comfort.

As I feel the blindfold being removed, I slowly open my eyes (Why do I close my eyes even I’m blindfolded?) and see the beautiful sky turns into a night with the mix of pinks and oranges and buildings one by one turn its lights. I suddenly feel a soft brush against my cheek. Am I crying? 

“Thank you, Sean.” I whispered.

“What’s all of this for?” I asked.

“You deserve to know everything Kayc, sorry if I suddenly changed and left you.” Sean replied.

“I know it doesn’t make sense but I was simply tired, and always feel under pressure to always meet peoples’ expectations. I always go out and party because I thought that I’ll forget all of my problems. I left because I don’t want to be a burden to you. I know that you’ll also bring yourself down because I’m down.” Sean explained as I feel my eyes began to water.