Merry Christmas

My apologizies since this is a few days late.

****

Brown eyes turned to the gray sky, watching as the snow flakes falling gently from the sky and blanketing the earth below.

Holding out a hand, Bard watched as a snowflake settled into the bed of his palm, almost instantly melting into nothing.

An uneasy feeling began to wash over him, watching how easily something could be lost to him, his mind immediately thinking of Sylwen.

Glancing up from his current distraction, he came to realize that she was no where in sight.

"Sylwen?" He called, turning around once as his chest began to tighten when he didn't see her anywhere in the immediate vicinity.

Sylwen looked around quietly as she watched the small frozen flakes of snow fall gently around her. She couldn't even remember the last time she had seen snow; The closest she could think was back when she had been in Dale. But even that was just a faint memory by now.

"Sylwen?"

She heard the faint voice call out to her, glancing over her shoulder as she hadn't realized she had wandered away. "Over here!" She called, gaze drifting around as she took in the scenery before her.

Bard followed the voice as the snow piled around them like a soft blanket. He soon found her standing within the trees, completely still and gaze focused in front of her. He stopped there for a few moments, watching her quietly before he smiled softly.

It seemed like it didn't matter what she did, or which situation he found themselves in, it was just something about her that fit in with the beauty of nature around her. The snowflakes settled on her ginger hair, making it seem as if they had an unnatural sparkle to her luscious locks.

"Sylwen?"

She seemed to snap out her thoughts, turning around as their eyes met. He felt the tension leave his body all at once, his shoulders relaxing slightly. "I was wondering where you wandered off to." He said, chuckling softly as he walked over to her.

Sylwen laughed softly, tucking her hair behind her ear as she looked up at him. "Sorry, I was just so mesmerized by the snow I kind of just, wandered." She admitted bashfully, letting out a breath of air as it fogged in the air before her.

"Its been awhile huh?" He asked, noting that they had been out here for a few hours already, taking her hands between his own as he rubbed them together. "You're freezing." He said with a light chuckle.

Sylwen felt the heat trickle to her cheeks, a small smile crossing her lips as she felt the warmth radiating from his hands, feeling the butterflies in her stomach. "You worry so much for me.." She said softly, leaning into his touch as she leaned down, pressing her forehead against their hands. "And I'm grateful for that." She lifted her gaze to his, shaking her head. "I don't know what I can do to ever repay you Bard.." She murmured softly.

Bard looked down at her, watching as her green eyes seemed to glisten in the daylight. He shook his head once. "You don't have to." He replied finally, removing his hands from hers as he replaced them on her cheeks, his thumb gently ghosting across her skin. "You being here is enough." He spoke softly, before leaning down as he capturing her lips in a soft kiss.

****

"Syl?" The small voice caught her attention, Sylwen cursing under her breath as she slipped up and poked her finger with the needle. Quickly covering her current project, she turned around to look at Tilda with a small smile on her face.

"Hey Til." Sylwen replied, cupping her wounded thumb in her hand as she sat on the edge of the bed, watching as she walked over to her and sat on the bed beside her.