♕2.4

CHOI UMJI's POV

CHOI UMJI's POV

"chenle, are you deaf or delusional?" i said as i laughed awkwardly trying to think of ways to escape from this awkward situation. "a princess going to school? haha! that's impossible!"

"i'm pretty sure i heard it as well." jaemin retorted as i kept a stoic yet my heart was basically doing cartwheels, this is what i feared for. but even if i feared it, i was still dumb to let it out so easily.

"well, i must say, you both have impaired ears. get yours ears polished they're useless if you perceive things inaccurately."

"how can you deny your own words while speaking in a fancy way, you were telling the truth, huh." chenle said as he chuckled, his expressions, teasing me. "well, that's something. that's why i thought that ji-eun was quite familiar. she was the princess after all."

"what do you mean she's familiar, all of our identities are kept in a high level of confidentiality. perhaps, you have a secret of your own."

"if so then how? how is she going to school?" jaemin asked, his curiosity was over the roof as he actively anticipated and stared at me dearly with that treacherous gaze of his.

"stop changing the subject, mr. na."

"i was just asking a question. here's the deal, answer our questions and we'll answer yours." he offered as a bargain which

"this bribery won't work with me, just so you know." i said, looking at the two men who were sitting in front me, completely invested and fully listening. "and i don't think that's appropriate for a mere handmaiden like myself, it will cause me huge trouble once his Majesty comes to learn that I gave people information about her highness."

"but i'm sure that there's a spark of curiosity inside you, isn't there?" chenle teasingly said as he playfully raised his eyebrows. i knew their intentions but i didn't know why and where'll the information end up in.

"yeah... but curiosity can lead to perishment an—.."

"who cares? this stays between the three of us, don't worry. besides, you'll get to know us more."

NA JAEMIN's POV

choi umji.. how do you make my heart race as if it's your skill and talent. your laugh can easily provoke my fragile heart, how do you do that?

i'm not supposed to like someone but you're making it harder for me to keep my promise to myself. you're doing the most impossible things, choi umji.

and catching my eyes is one of them.

YO DREAM

JAEMIN
hey

JENO
yow

JISUNG
whaaat