🌹Riddle Rosehearts🌹

I am absolutely obsessed with the idea of lovecore/crushcore/heartcore Riddle, so please enjoy this little story of him being so frustratingly smitten with you! ❤️

Riddle closed the book that sat upon his desk and leaned over it with his chin resting on his palms. He sighed as he gazed out his window, looking out into the starry night sky. The hour was approaching midnight, and Riddle was simply doing some reading and extra studying before his weary eyes begged him to take a pause.

These days, Riddle was always keeping himself busy in one way or the other—be it reading, studying, practicing magic, organizing the dorm, or harping over the disobedient first years. If he didn't keep busy, than he was thinking of you. So much. Too much. All the time. It frustrated him with just how much you occupied his mind. He knew of his feelings; he knew he had a crush on you, and he also knew that having a crush was harmless. But, well... he was embarrassed by his feelings. It seemed easier to deny his emotions—deny you—than it was to let himself fall in love and have you, as he feared, never reciprocate his feelings. It seemed easier, also, to not admit that he was falling so fast for someone of whom he'd only just gotten to know.

But, of course, it wasn't easier. He went to such great efforts to try and keep you out of his mind. Repressing his emotions was much harder than naturally letting them flow, yet this King of Hearts guarded his own heart without ever letting them show. Only at night, or when he was completely alone, or when he couldn't be bothered to put up a wall between his conscious thoughts and beating heart, he allowed himself to be swept away by the symphony in his mind that your memory would play.

Your smile brightens my entire day. Your face lights up whichever room you stay... He thought as he dearly remembered all the times that you smiled at him in just that one day. Sometimes, his simple greeting would cause you to smile in such a warm way, and that beautiful expression of yours always made his heart churn. 

Riddle's eyes widened slightly, thinking of you so intensely as he stared out at the stars. You always feel so right to me... When I am close to you, it's as if I am in a welcoming place.

He sighed loudly and laid his head down, his cheek pressed against the book he had been reading moments before his thoughts were overtaken with ones of affection. Oh, darling... If only I could write in words the way you make me feel. I would write novels upon novels, but nothing would ever be enough.

You are so gorgeous. I am just so happy to have you in my life... However way that is, he thought as he remembered how your eyes always softened whenever you looked at something fondly. You are such a dream.

I wish I could stay up and talk to you all night. I wish you would kiss me and hold me tight. Oh, I wish you were here right now... What I wouldn't give to have you with me, he thought some more while pressing his lips together, but then, What am I thinking? I can just see you tomorrow...

Riddle shut his eyes even tighter, leaning his face onto the book even further. I love you. I've always loved you. I love you, I love you—

He groaned, erasing the thoughts, knowing that they were useless. They would never reach you. Never. So, why did he always address you in his mind?

Riddle shook his head sadly, his expression strained in pain. All his longing boiled inside of him, pumping his heart and riling his veins. His chest seemed to explode with tenderness and warmth, seeping into every crevice of his body, from cartilage to flesh.

Riddle went to turn off his reading light. This was going to be a long night.