The Song

Jayden's point of view:
When I got up, I headed to the studio. I finished the song about Grant, and I started working on a new one. I wanted to write it about my dad. Usually I'm not the type of person to open up like this, but it would be good for the album. Let me fill you in. When I was young, my dad was not very nice to my mom and I. He would go to 'work' and then he would come home drunk. He would also beat my mom in front of me. I was young, and I didn't know what was happening so I didn't know what to do or say. Later in my life my mom divorced my dad and got full custody of me. I haven't seen my dad in almost 6 years. He denied doing everything, and wanted back into my life when I started to get famous. But as you can see, I didn't let him. I started to write down lyrics. He didn't deserve a song written about him. Frustrated, I looked at what I wrote.

"Four years old with my back to the door. All I could hear was the family war. Your selfish hands always expecting more. Am I your child or just a charity award?"

I paused. Then kept reading.

"You have a hollowed out heart
But it's heavy in your chest
I try so hard to fight it but it's hopeless
Hopeless, you're hopeless."

I started to cry. And then wrote more. Why am I being so emotional? I paused again, and wiped my tears. Then continued reading.

"Oh, father, please, father
I'd love to leave you alone
But I can't let you go
Oh, father, please, father
Put the bottle down
For the love of a daughter."

I didn't let him go, I just set him free. He didn't deserve to be in my life anymore.. But I deserved to be in his.. Why can't I have a father who actually loves me? I snapped out of my thoughts and continued writing. I checked my phone and saw that Grant texted me good morning. I texted him back, and closed my phone. I needed to concentrate if I wanted to see him on Thursday. I started to write more, and soon it started to looked like i finished the song in a matter of 2 hours. I started to read the rest of what I wrote over that time period.

"It's been five years since we've spoken last And you can't take back,What we never had. Oh, I can be manipulated... Only so many times, Before even "I love you" Starts to sound like a lie.."

I sighed, then kept reading.

"You have a hollowed out heart
But it's heavy in your chest
I try so hard to fight it but it's hopeless
Hopeless, you're hopeless"

I looked down at my phone, trying not to pick it up. then started to read again.

"Oh, father, please, father
I'd love to leave you alone
But I can't let you go
Oh, father, please, father
Put the bottle down
For the love of a daughter"

that'll be the heart of the song; I thought. Then kept reading.

"Don't you remember I'm your baby girl? How could you push me out of your world, Lied to your flesh and your blood, Put your hands on the ones that you swore you loved?

Don't you remember I'm your baby girl?
How could you throw me right out of your world? So young when the pain had begun... Now forever afraid of being loved.."

I stopped. Perfect. I put the song into my folder and grabbed new sheets. 2 songs down. 6 more, then I'm finished. I smiled.

5 days passed, and I finished 7 songs. I figured that when Grant and I hung out, we could write a song together. It was Wednesday, 10:34 p.m. I turned off my lights, and jumped in my bed. I started smiling. I get to see grant tomooooorrroowwwwwww!! I grabbed my phone, jumped on Twitter and indirected him "Can't wait to see you tomorrow 😌". Then I looked at Grants twitter. He had been indirecting me all night. I started blushing.