Chapter three

Y/n Pov

The sound of my shoes tapping on the concrete of the castle floor echo through the hallways. I was making my way towards the library to study for an upcoming essay on 'Medieval Assembly of European Wizards'.

I continue on my path, the halls as empty as a home with no one in it. I turn a sharp corner accidentally slamming into a tall figure, my books falling all over the place.

"Merlin! I'm so sorry." I yelp, not looking up trying to gather my things.

"Bloody Mudblood!" I hear a male voice shout.

I look up, my eyes meeting the same gorgeous eyes I met on the train.

For some reason, I couldn't break eye contact.

"Watch where you're going" he boomed again.

I didn't say anything and started to gather my books from the ground, breaking eye contact, when he realises that I'm not going to say anything he steps on the last book I was going to grab, I look at him and he lifts me up so I'm standing and he holds me so I can't run away.

I look into his eyes again and I was lost in those beautiful blue eyes of his, "I said watch where you're going Mudblood" he spat at me. I tried to get out of his grip but it was no use.

"S-sorry" I stuttered trying to hide my fear but failed miserably.

After a while of awkward silence, I heard someone coming around the corner, I sighed a sigh of relief that it would not go further, that was until I realised that it was Malfoy and Caitlyn.

"Well, well what do we have here, another damn muggle, walking around the halls thinking they own the damn place." Malfoy sneers.

I look at Caitlyn for help, "Draco stop she isn't worth our time" she tries to convince him so that I can leave.

When the mysterious boy is distracted I quickly grab my last book off of the ground and make a run for it, I was almost at my common room when I heard someone yell my name.

When I looked back I saw it harried and I  walk over to him and told him what happened, I'll have to thank Caitlyn for distracting them so I could get away.

Caitlyn's POV
Draco and I were walking down the corridor when we turned the corner to see that (y/n) was being held by nott and all her books on the floor she then looked at me like she wanted help.

"Draco stop she isn't worth our time," I say holding his arm trying to stop him from bullying (y/n).

As I say this nott's grip loosened on (y/n) and she took the chance to make a run for it so she grabbed her books off of the ground as quickly as she could and ran.

When she was out of sight I looked at Draco "come on let's go to your quidditch practice" I say while dragging him away.

*************************************
Y/n POV
I was waking with harry and the quidditch team becomes I was watching them practice, well that was until I saw that the Slytherin team was walking to where we were meant to practice.

We stopped in front of them and looked at them. "Where do you think you're going flint, I booked the pitch for Gryffindor today" I heard wood say as we stopped.

"Easy wood I've got a note" Flint informs us as he passes the note to wood. Wood grabs the note and starts reading it out, "I, professor Snape, do hereby give the Slytherin team permission to practice today, owing to the need to train their new seeker" wood then looks up at flint "you've got a new seeker? Who?" wood questions.

I then see someone I didn't want to see for a long time, Malfoy, I then look next to him I saw Caitlyn.

"Malfoy" I questioned looking at him with a little bit of fear but I tried hard to hide it.

"That's right and that's not all that's new this year," Malfoy brags "those are nimbus 2001's, how'd you get ahold of those"I hear Ron says, wait when did they get to hear, all well. I mustn't have been paying attention.

I could see that Harry and Malfoy were going to start arguing so I walked over to the bench that wasn't too far away from us.

"Hey" I looked up to see it was Caitlyn, "Hey, I uh wanted to say thank you for distracting them before," I say looking at my hands.

"You don't have to I was happy to him-" she was interrupted "Caitlyn get away from that Mudblood" Malfoy yelled looking at us.

I then hear someone puking so I looked over at Ron, Hermione and harry to see that Ron was puking slugs.

I was snapped out of starring by seeing Malfoy standing next to Caitlyn. After a while of standing in silence, I decided to run over to harry and help
with Ron as I was running, I looked back I saw that Caitlyn was being pulled back by Malfoy.

"Ron are you ok," I asked as I was helping him up off of the ground, "let's go to Hagrid he'll know what to do," Hermione said as we were walking away.

When we got to Hagrid's he made us tea and asked us what happened, then gave Ron a bucket to spit the slugs into, "nothing to do except wait till it stops I'm afraid" Hagrid informed us.

"Who'd Ron try to curse anyway," he asked looking at the four of us. " Malfoy" I answered looking at my hands.

"He called Hermione and (y/n), um, well I don't know what it means," Harry said looking at me and Hermione, I saw Hermione looking the other way and standing up so I walked over to her to comfort her.

"He called us Mudbloods," Hermione said crossing her arms. "He did not," Hagrid said with a shocked expression on his face.

"What's a Mudblood," Harry asked looking at Hagrid for answers.

"It means dirty blood, Mudblood's a really foul name for someone who is muggle-born, someone with non-magic parents, someone like me and Hermione," I say feeling like I'm going to cry.

"it's not a term one usually hears in a civilized conversation" Hermione finishes for me.

"See the thing is, harry there are some wizards like the Malfoy family, who think they're better than everyone else, because of what people call pure-blood" hagrid explains to harry.

"that's horrible," Harry says as he looks to see another slug come out of Ron's mouth.

"it's disgusting" Ron manages to add on without a slug coming out of his mouth.

"And it's codswallop, dirty blood, there isn't a wizard today that's not half-blood or less, more to the point, they've yet to think of a spell to our Hermione and (y/n) can't do," hagrid says while sipping his tea.

Hagrid then comes and hugs both of us. " don't you girl think about, don't you think about it for one minute" says which cheers us up.

*************************************
sorry that this is a little bit shorter than the other one's I couldn't think of what tonight, while harry was in detention so here, in this chapter