/Chapter 16/

Chapter Sixteen

Chaeyoung's PoV

"Guys, they are here!" Sana unnie yelled as they entered showing Lisa and Rosé at her back.

"Oh! Chaeyoung-ah you're here also!" Rosé exclaimed and hugged me.

"What a best friend goal. You missed her so much even tho you just saw her yesterday." Mina said and smile at us.

"Well, I miss this smol bean." Rosé said as she messes my hair.

"Hahaha! Anyway, let's ready the food and after this let's start the fun!" Nayeon unnie suggested.

As we prepared the food, we started to eat. And after that, we went to the living room.

"So, guys, if you don't mind? Mind to tell us how three of you met each other?" Jeongyeon unnie asked.

" Chaeyoung and I are childhood friends. Then Lisa here, I met her during junior high school days. I introduced her to Chaeyoung." Rosé explained.

"Oh, Ah rosé since you know more chaeyoung. Is it true that she doesn't have a feel for anyone?" Sana unnie suddenly asked.

Oh god! Really?

"Yah that's a private thing." Mina ranted.

"Hahaha, well Chaeyoung had a crush on someone before." Rosé said that made me look at her confusedly.

"Really?" They all said.

"Yeah, she had a crush on me." Rosé said and laugh.

"Yah I'm not! Why so full Rosé?" I blunted.

"Really? You didn't want to help me before because you had a crush on me, right?" She said which made the others laugh except for Mina and Lisa who are just smiling.

"Help from what?" Dahyun asks made Rosé be in silence.

"She asked me to help her with Lisa. Which is what I did. That only means I don't have a crush on you." I said and laughed.

"You helped her? Woah. Never thought that Chaeyoung is a cupid hahaha!" Jeongyeon unnie said.

"How does she help you?"-Tzuyu.

"Oh, well she had this unique talent. Let's just say a gift. "Rosé told and look at me meaningfully.

"Ahh." They all said.

After that, we watched a movie and of course, have a little play.

"Goodbye, guys, Nice to hang out with you," I said as we decided to go home.

"Oh, Rosé want me to drop you home? I asked.

"No need, Lisa will do. I know your way is far so be safe ok." She said and hugged me.

As we said our goodbyes, The two leave already.

"Bye again guys, see you at the school," I said to them.

"Yeah, go home safe ok!" They said.

"Oh Chaeyoung, is it ok if I'll go to your place tomorrow?" Mina asked.

"Sure."

"If it's ok, can you go there too?"

"Ahh. Ok fine. I'll go there. Just text me if you're already there. Ok, I'll leave now. Thanks." I said as I rode my bike and bid goodbye to them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mina's PoV

"Guys, I'll go to Chaeyoung's house. I'll be back after this." I said as I get my phone in my room.

"You guys, Hang out so often huh? Ok, take care." Jihyo said.

As I bid goodbye to them, I get my bike and texted Chaeyoung first.

After that, I decided to go.

Since it's Sunday today and I have nothing to do, I decided to hang out with Chaeyoung.

I don't know either. I just find her interesting. Plus, we are now good. I mean I want to have bonded with her to know her more.

After a minute I arrived at the treehouse and I saw Chaeyoung waving her hand while standing on a balcony.

"Mina-yah! Get up here! I have some food here!" She yells which made me giggle at her cuteness.

Oh god, why so cute?!

I parked my bike and climbed the treehouse and saw chaeyoung with a bunch of food beside her.

"Yah, you bought this all?" I asked

"Yep, I bought it yesterday since you said that you'll be staying here." She explained.

"Wah, this is so much!"

"Anyway, since you're here now. And it's my place is it ok if We get to know each other?" She asked while playing with her fingers.

I laughed at her cute actions and sat on the mattress.

"Seems like a little cub is interested with me huh?" I teased.

"As if you're not interested in me." she teased back.

"Oh, why so full chaeyoung-ah," I said and we both laughed.

"Hahaha ok move on. So, is it true? You helped Rosé with Lisa before?" I opened up.

She just nodded and get a bag of chips.

"Oh, that's so cool," I utter.

"Not really, I mean they are not together now." She said.

"Well, guess what? When Rosé and you went out last time, Lisa told us everything. She said that she still wants Rosé back. So, the others are helping her." I told her. As I said it to her the atmosphere of the treehouse went different.

"Is that so..." she just said.

I looked at her reaction, it was like more reaction of a person who loses a game. The trace of disappointment in her eyes.

At some point, I know and have a clue what is happening.

I look at the drawing that I saw last time. The girl who's with someone and holding each other's hand while looking at each other with love.

I knew it. Rosé is a bit familiar. It's because she's the girl who's in the drawing. Rosé and Lisa.

I remembered what Chaeyoung said when I noticed that drawing. She said that it is her best friend and the girlfriend of her best friend.

I looked at the other drawing beside the first drawing. The drawing of a girl who's looking at something with sorrow and sadness in her eyes.

She's the girl with those eyes.

"You like her, don't you?" I calmly asked which broke the silence.

"What? No," she said and averted her eyes.

"Why did you help her when in the first place you like her?" I asked again.

She just smiled and laughed. But I know that laughter is not a laugh of happiness. More like sadness and bitterness.

"It's because I want her to be happy. I told her that they were destined even if not. I saw how the string was tangled with Lisa. It didn't shorten as I expected... because they were not meant for each other. But I have no choice to lie. I don't want her to get hurt that's why." She said meaningful causing me to left dumbfounded.

Strings?

Destined?

Tangled?

What is happening?

"Did you know? I have a unique ability. I was born and I can see the red string attached to someone. Red string who will tell you who you are meant to be. And the funny thing here is, I let my best friend live with my lie. Now even tho they already broke up she's still holding on to what I've told her before. That they are meant for each other."