Debate

Tuesday. Oh Darn Tuesday! Tuesday is the day of dooms. Chinese Debate club awaited me as the hour hand ticked to four.

It was the only day that school seemed quick enough to pass through my fingertips. As the hour hand stroke to 4, I literally swore under my breath... #!$$+*&# debate.

I've known myself. Whenever facing activities I don't favor, I tend to think of excuses to dodge the event. As for Chinese debate, I would either be "attending some other important activities" or "sick", to avoid the debate practices.

Since young, I've been one of the most phenomenal speakers amongst my peers, even schools. I've been the master of ceremonies for uncountable school events, and even an event for Hong Kong's twentieth anniversary activity. However, I've always been unsure of myself in the fields of debate. I mean sure, its literally the same thing right? Well the answer for me is...

No! Debate requires absolute fluency in rebuttals, and as a person who is soft in occasions, I feel anxious when the opponents asks questions I can't explain. As I wandered around the corridors, I fought myself through heaven and hell about whether I should attend debate class.

At least, I decided on the decision that I thought was right. I headed to the classroom and checked-in for my attendance. Like once, the teacher talked and I listened. The teacher talked, and I listened, over and over.

It was nuts. I mean me myself turning into a nut. Whether it was pure embarrassment or the boringness.

I just could not stand another second here. Talking about all the techniques of debate... bruh, who cares, who wants to know, you either have the capability or you don't. And as for me, I just don't.

It's pretty saddening for me to be bringing such a negative vibe, but deep in my heart, I actually knew that, if I just try and dedicate my heart in, I know I can execute the job.

As the clock struck to 30 minutes past 5, I just got my school bag and got out of hell.

      Like literally hell.

I don't know why but I just can't get my full attention for debate. It was devastating boring and dull.

I had it.