Confessions

Mary ran quickly back to the small house. A small home made of wood. A house her grandfather built on his own. It was a humble home. A happy home. The house was no bigger then two little rooms combined, but that wasn't a problem. Only her and her grandparents lived there. Unfortunately, her mom died when she was giving birth to Mary, and her dad left. Mary has always thought her father was a pathetic coward, but he left before he found out Marie De Guise was pregnant. And why he left? Because duty calls.

Mary entered the humble home.

"Mary!" Her grandma exclaimed.

"Hello, Ma!" Mary set the bag on the small table.

"Whadda you have there?" Her Ma asked.

"I got some fruits and milk!" Mary said with excitement.

"Oh, wonderful!" Ma approached the table. She examined the contents in the bag: apples, pears, and oranges!

Suddenly Ma's brows furrowed. "Mary, please tell me them fruits aren't stolen," Ma scorned Mary. "Cuz if they are, I'm gonna be very mad'a you. You know how me and your Pa feel about you stealin'."

"What other way are we s'pposed to get food?" Mary pointed out.

"We gotta work for it, Mary," her Ma scorned her.

"If we could work! They don't wanna give my Pa any work! They just look at him and just like that they don't wanna give'im the job. Just cuz were (hey this is the author! I meant to put were! Even though it's supposed to be we're. This is how Mary pronounces it!) poor!"

Ma let out a frustrated sigh. "Where did ya get these goodies?"

Mary stayed silent. She knew Ma wouldn't like the answer.

"Ya got 'em from one of the king's lands, didn't ya, Mary?" Her Ma was hoping the answer was no.

Mary still said nothing, and that was enough for Ma to know where she got the goodies.

"Mary! Ya can get in trouble if ya keep stealin' from the king's lands!"

"Ya said it, Ma!" Mary started to defend herself. "He has more than one land. The King of France owns all of France if ya di'nt know. And it won't hurt 'em if he loses a couple of apples. Boy, he has enough food to feed the entire world!"

"Don't be so snippy! And you still have a hard time undahstanding this feudalism shit." Ma chastised Mary. Mary didn't say anything. She just went outside in hopes of riding Stanley, her horse, but Bash wasn't here yet. Oh, she was so yelling at him. Bash took care of their home for little pay. Even though they were poor, they had a small terrain and 1 horse and only 1 cow, but the cow didn't want to give any milk anymore. They tried to grow crops, but it was a waste of money. The crops just didn't want to grow. Mary's Pa brought Bash in when he was 12. Her Pa found Bash alone and stranded. Pa fed him, took care of him, until Bash left at 15 to who knows where. To repay Pa, Bash helped him around the house. Bash was here most of the time, and Mary didn't realize it, but she was jealous of the attention Bash got from her grandparents. This is why she treats him so badly. She had always been the only one that got the love, and she didn't want to share it.

Mary saw Bash approach with Stanley.

"What took you so long?!" Mary exclaimed.

"I was bathing Stanley," Bash explained.

"Stanley don't need a bath!" Mary gestured for Bash to get off Stanley. Bash did as she ordered.

"Hello, Bash!" Ma came out of the house. She went up to him and hugged him.

"Where's Pa?" Bash asked after he hugged her.

Pa?! Since when does Bash call her grandparents like that?! That's how Mary calls them! Mary tried to burn his back with her stare.