Honey scented soap.

Let it be known to the world that I am not in favour of rebound hookups but something won't let me go of Oliver.

College has been weighting over my head with assignments and upcoming finals, and parents have begged me to let them have a romantic trip the first third of the summer, which really did not need so much effort - I wished them a great trip and I really did not mind.

The blooming surroundings on campus and constant rush of students packing cardboard boxes for summer holidays  left me wondering what will these holidays be filled with.

Oliver did not come up in my head, which would have surprised me half a year ago, but for now, I am better off without him.

A knock came behind my back. Turning around, one of my friends, who lived next door, is saying goodbye for the summer.

"Bye (y/n). I wish you a great summer! Don't get bored too fast." I replied with similar wishes as she winked and sweetly smiled before disappearing into the corridor.

Last days of May have been passing fast, in sync with the last of the head-ache giving exams.
Exiting examination buildings, the air around was sprinkled with pollen, moving with the wind.

It's not like I was dating someone new, but more that I have chosen myself after everything Oliver has put me through. Rebound hookup can be considered a hookup if you are stomping over your own good, right?

I have broken up with him just two weeks ago, and even though its been mentally hard, the benefit is much bigger.

After finishing all of the exams, and sitting in my room a few days doing absolutely nothing, I have found one thing I can do now that Oliver is gone out of my everyday life.

Honey-scented showering soap.

He has a horrible allergy on honey, and I absolutely love honey. To better my feelings I went to the shop to buy something I always wanted but couldn't could get for the past two years.

Entering the beloved late snacks while studying store near campus I feel a little uneasy. Maybe because usually I came here with Oliver, but also.. I feel like something is about to happen but I cannot pin-point what.

Brushing away the feeling, I confidently walk towards the hygiene alley, whilst grabbing a bottle of water on my way. Walking by snacks I also grabbed crisps with salt and vinegar, craving for which have been distracting me all day.

Finally in front of a giant wall with plastic bottles in many shapes and volumes I get a little overwhelmed by the choice.

A few people walked in front of me including two girls laughing and chatting, an elderly lady with extremely sweet scent, a man in his thirties looking for a protein powder, a picture of which he had on his unlocked phone and a young man in a denim jacket, a beanie and round black glasses. His keys were clanging in his pocket and boots were squeaking on linoleum floor.

He caught my interest because he walked past and stood right next to me observing the same part of the alley I was.

Disregarding his look towards me and little tension, I finally saw a cream colored bottle I wanted and stepped forward to reach it.

It was almost on the top shelf and I had to stand on my tip toes to reach it.

Adjusting the balance I reached out to it but another hand grabbed it first.

Catching myself adjusting balance once again I spun around to see the guy next me holding the bottle I chose, but he didn't look like he was hurrying to give it to me.

He observed my face whilst I tried to come up with a line.

Eventually it came out simple but to-the-point.

"Hey, give it back"

"Why?"

"I reached for it first"

"And I reached it first"

"Hey man, there is another one right there" - I rolled my eyes.

"I know."

"Then why don't you take that one, and give this one to me?" - I demanded with annoyance.

"Why don't you?" - he grinned

"ohmyfuckinggod...," -exhaling and looking down I put on a smile -"ok, sure. Whatever."- reaching for the next bottle I was standing on my tip toes and it still wasn't enough. I reached further but misbalancing the crisps and water slipped from under my arm.

A loud clunk resonated throughout the alley and a moment of silence passed before I opened my eyes and saw this guy still standing and staring at me with a half-smile on his lips. The sunglasses were now in his hand and the bottle of showering soap was in the other.

"Alright, alright," - I must have looked desperate so he quickly crouched down and picked up the bag and bottle, giving it to me, as well as handing out the bottle of honey scented showering soap.- "To be honest I just didn't know how to introduce myself. I'm Owen"

I studied his face. He didn't seem disingenuous so I took the bottle but didn't shake his hand. "(y/n)."

"Nice to meet you (y/n)"

"I'm still not sure if I feel the same" - he smiled in response and rubbed his neck.

"Yeah, sorry I acted a little like a jerk, I'm not really smooth in this department of communication" - He reached for another bottle of showering soap and took it from the shelf with ease.

"Department of communication? Owen, what is this language?" - I chuckled.

"See? Exactly what I mean" - he smiled widely and bounced the bottle in his hands. A small silence came about, but he found a start of conversation. "Vinegar and salt?"

"Yeah, was craving it all day today"

"Not bad"

"Yeah"

I rolled back and fourth on my feet before saying.

"Well, I must get going"

Turning around I heard some confused and stumbling sounds before a structured sentence came my way.

"Uh.. um are you doing anything today? I mean in the evening?"

"No, not really. Packing college stuff mainly." -he strutted up to me and walked with me to the check-out.

"Ah.. well. You wanna meet up?"

"I'm not sure I'll have time today. I gotta move out before they close the campus. What about the weekend? Saturday?"

"Yeah, I'm free..."

"You want me to give you my number?"

"Yea! Yeah that would be great!" - he chuckled and took his phone out of the inside jacket pocket, opening his phone book

I typed in my number and called the contact-
"(y/n) from the supermarket"

"There. Text me to decide on details okay?" -I put my stuff on the checkout waiting it to be scanned by the cashier.

"Great! I'll make sure to do so.
Thank you, (y/n)!"

"Yeah ,cool. See you later, Owen!"

"See ya!"

What a tall fella.

  Word count: 1156