-15-

"No sign of Vanya." Five informed as we walked upstairs to regroup with our brothers.
"She's not in any of the rooms." Diego added.
"She's not downstairs, either." We told them.
"Well, I'm out." Diego stated, patting our shoulders as he walked by.
"Wait."
"Wait. Wait...Where are you going? Vanya's still out there, and so are Hazel and Cha-Cha." We all have him confused looks, and he turned.
"I know. I'm gonna get my things and then I'm outta here. I got some unfinished business with those fools."  With that he walked away, and Klaus let out a sigh, turning and resting his head on my shoulder. We were going to head back downstairs when Five turned to us.

"Hey, did Dad say anything about the apocalypse when you spoke to him?" Five looked at Klaus, "Any clues as to how it happened?"
"No. No clues. Truly terrific shave. But no clues." Five sighed at his reply, walking towards the stairs. Klaus quickly shot after him, whilst I followed behind. "You know, come to think of it, he did mention something about mine and Rinny's potential, and how we've barely even scratched the surface of our--"
"How did he know about the apocalypse?" Five ignored him.
"I don't know, but listen. This whole jumping through time thing of yours, how did...how did you know how to do that?" Klaus questioned as they came to a stop at the bottom.
"I didn't. You'd realize that if you were actually sober." Five stated, about to walk away.
"Hey, I am sober. I've been sober for two.."
"Almost two," I spoke up.
"Almost two days now. Yeah, two days. It feels like 45 years." Klaus sighed, glancing at me.
"Who are you kidding, Klaus? I've seen you fidgeting all day." Five brushed its off, causing me to step forwards.
"Back off." I warned.
"Well, I guess we're both fighting our addictions, then."
Klaus pushed me out of the way, before leaning towards Five.
"I'm not an addict." He shook his head.
"Yeah, you are. You're addicted to a drug called the apocalypse." Klaus finished.
"You're wrong."
I looked at Five.
"First sign. Denial."
Then back at Klaus, who turned, letting out a small chuckle as Five jumped into his way, pointing an annoyed finger.
"You and I, we're not the same."
"I've seen that look in the eye of someone who doesn't know who they are without their high anymore." Klaus sighed, "trust me. You gotta just let it go." I jumped back as Five threw the eye to the wall out of nowhere, causing it to shatter upon impact, before he walked away. "Figuratively, but yeah, that works, too," Klaus let out a sigh, "one day at a time."
"And I'll be by your side through it all. We both will." I walked closer, taking his hand, and smiling at Ben as we made our way to our room.

"So, we gonna talk about the fact that Ben punched you, or...?" I trailed off as Ben smirked at the event, clearly proud of himself.
"I still blame you for that." Klaus pointed an accusing finger at me as he shut the door. "And you can keep blaming me, but you're stronger than you think Klaus. It was you." I stated, flopping down onto my bed.
"Have you ever thought of becoming a motivational speaker? Seriously, you two should start your own show or something." Klaus gestured between Ben and I.
"Stop changing the subject." Ben folded his arms as he sat beside me.
"What? I'd never.." Klaus faked offence.
"Klaus. You said it yourself, you've been sober for almost two days. You have to start believing in yourself. Anything I can do, you can do. Maybe even better." I sighed as he fell silent, before looking up at me, eyes full of defeat. "I don't know how."
"And I do? Klaus, if I knew how to control my powers, I would hug Ben and never release him. I would bring dad here and refuse to let him go until he gave us the answers we deserve," he laughed slightly at my comment, "I would bring Dave back so I could see your face light up like the Christmas tree we never had. So I could see you be you."
"You really think I can do this?" Klaus asked, his eyes now hinting at hope.
"We know you can." I nodded.
"I'll punch you again if I have to." Ben spoke up. Klaus and I looked at him, smiles fading a little, "seriously?" I raised and eyebrow.
"What? I will." Ben shrugged.
"You guys are the best." Klaus smiled, before hugging me tight, Ben ghosting his arms over our shoulders.