Chapter 11

I wake up to lots of movement on the bed. I squint my eyes after I open them, being blinded from the sunlight.

"GET UP BIG HEAD!" I hear a familiar voice. Nova screamed and continued to jump on the bed, making me fully get up.

"Nooooo. Leave me aloooooone." I say burying my head into my pillow.

"Cmon we have a long day to gooooo!" Nova continues to jump on the bed.

I grab his leg and pull him down.

"Y/N what the fuck?!" Nova yells.

"That's what you get for waking me upppp!" I yell back. I lazily rub my eyes and stare at Nova. He stares back at me and we stay like that for a little bit.

We both then cut the silence with loud laughter. I then grab a pillow and smash it on Nova's face.

"Hey!" He says and pushes me off the bed. I fall and hit my butt on the ground.

"Shit Nova you almost broke me!" I say.

We continue to mess around until we finally decided to get ready for the day.

I quickly take a warm shower, change, and head back out. Nova does the same and we meet the team in front of the hotel.

I see the team stare at us as we walk towards them. I was automatically confused.

"What's going on?" I say.

"Looks like Billie decided to cut off the killings for a while. No new victims as of right now." Meghan replies.

"That's strange. Why would she do that?" Reagan says.

"Probably so she wouldn't get caught so easily. She needs time to plan ahead to make her next move." Calum shrugs.

"We'll be staying here for a couple more days to see if we get anything or she comes up again. " Greg says.

We nod in agreement and we all head our separate ways. I end up going to an ice cream shop nearby with Nova.

We head inside and I feel the cool air instantly hover over my body. Nova and I walk up to the register and order our desserts, then sit at a table to wait.

"You okay Y/N? You've been awfully quiet. And I know it's not about Billie." Nova says.

"Greg removed me from the case." I say bluntly.

"Understandable. You're in danger. We can't risk it."

"Nova I would have been fine as it is." I shrug.

"You don't know that. For all we know Billie could kidnap you and take you somewhere we won't be able to get to." Nova furrows his eyebrows.

"Look, I know you're concerned, but this is my business to handle."

"There's nothing you can do now. Greg took you off the case. It's been said and done." Nova was right. I couldn't do anything about it now.

Our desserts were finally ready and Nova goes to the counter to retrieve them. He hands me my things and we both head out and spend the rest of the day together.

This is gonna be one hell of a case.

—————————————————

500 reads? That's fucking crazy dude.