CHAPTER 5: Cauldon

After clearing my throat and seeing her reaction, I couldn't help but feel a little bit flattered. Yet, more sympathy than anything.

She looked curvy but at the same time, you could tell she hasn't slept or eaten much in a while.

"Cauldon?" Her sweet gentle and yet scared voice said.

"Yes." I replied sternly.

"Thank you." She smiles a bit.

Why didn't she hug me like she did Luther thinking he was me?! What was so wrong with me?

"For what?" I asked pretending not knowing what she was talking about.

"For saving me. It means a lot." She says and the next thing I notice is her walking closer.

"She is beautiful and sexy as hell." My wolf tells me.

"Stop it!" I snap at him.

I quickly stop her and put my hand up in front of her.

"It's fine. Just don't make me regret it." I tell her before walking away.

I hate being rude to her but I am not going to let her think for one second it meant anything. I know how women think and I don't do that relationship bullshit. It didn't work with my parents so why waste my time?!?

Before leaving the room completely, I heard Luther call out to me.

"Wait! Since we don't have anything to do, why don't we all get to know each other and hang out?" He suggests.

All I can do is glare at him deeply as it CLEARLY isn't such a good idea in the fact we do that.

"No." I tell him then whip my head around and begin making my way outside to the back and take my wolf for a run.

How could he ask me such a thing?! What the hell is his deal?! Trax and his cousin aren't staying long anyways, that's for sure.

"What is it exactly you are so afraid of?!" My wolf asks through mind link.

"Just shut up and enjoy this run!" I tell him. 

"Don't you snap at me! You know, you aren't the only one that felt like they lost someone real close to them." He reminds me as from the time when I had lost my mother when I was real young.

"Stop it now!" I snap at him.

"No! I am so tired of you making everything seem as though you have the final say and that my words or opinions mean nothing to you when they should! You and I are partners and because we are, you MUST understand that I long for a mate." He says.

I choose a spot to stop and catch my breath briefly before replying.

"Like I said before, we lost the right to find a mate the day we decided to become a rogue. and may I remind you that we can't involve someone else into our lives like that. It's not fair to them. Besides, she has been through so much already in her life. She deserves better than what I could ever offer her." I try and explain.

"I know you still hurt from after losing your mother. But not all mates are like that. What happened with your mother and father, it won't happen to you and her. Come on, at least give it a chance....For me at least." He pleads.

I thought for several moments before saying anything in return.

"We'll discuss it later. For right now, lets just finish our run, head back home and at least give me a few days to think about it." I try and compromise.

"Ugh, fine." He replies agitated but knows he doesn't have a choice really.

I get up and we begin running several more miles before starting to head back to the house.

Once we got back, it looked like everybody had gone out to do stuff, especially the guys, and since I haven't had breakfast yet, I decided to head into the kitchen to make myself something to eat when I stopped as soon as I saw Embers was in there, making some food.

"Oh, I didn't know you were in here." I say.

She looks up at me and seems to be offended by what I just said and I truly regret how it came out but then she seems to shake it off because next thing I know, she finishes pouring chips onto the plate and then hands me the plate without making any eye contact after walking up to me.

"Here. I made this for you. I thought you might be hungry." She says.

I was surprised. Did she seriously make me something to eat after how I treated her so far? I have never had someone make me anything to eat.

"Thanks." I say in a gentle tone while gently taking the plate from her hands.

She just nods in reply without making any eye contact.

"Well, I will leave you to eat." She says.

Before leaving and walking off, I stop her.

"Wait!" I say.

She stops and still doesn't look at me. So I let out a breath and set the plate down then walk back up to her.

Maybe this was part of my wolf pushing me to do this but also, maybe it was me also...

"I'm sorry if I upset you earlier. My cousin and I will be leaving first thing in the morning, back to his house. I do appreciate you helping rescue me." She tells me looking down at the ground.

"Look at me." I tell her still in a gentle-toned voice while standing not too far from in front of her now.

She hesitates a little but then finally looks up at me. I feel terrible. She has been told all her life I bet and then reassured at the farm to never look in a male's eyes.

"Listen, you and Trax don't have to leave right away. I mean, you need to build back your strength and right now it's too dangerous for you both to be on your own, going that far." I started to suggest.

"But I thought..." She started until I stopped her.

"I'm sorry I talked to you that way and apologize for ever making you feel unwelcome. I really want the both of you to stay." I try to reassure her.

She seems to be in shock as I am too, to be honest but I really would like her to stay.

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)