stuck in the stone world

hello, i am glad that you have decided to stop by! please continue on and enjoy the story!
————

The girl huffed as she attempted to will the next chapter of her favorite anime and manga into existence. Although, what the app was showing her was that chapter 167 of Dr. Stone wouldn't be released for another couple of days. Her unruly curls fell into her face as she pursed her full lips and flopped back onto her bed.

This girl was named Rain Summers—yes, this is the name that she has had to put up with for all nineteen years of her life because her parents were going through a hippie phase when she was conceived. It is the bane of her existence and she would get it legally changed, but she is too lazy to do so (read: her parents begged her not to). Despite this...unfortunate name, she was fully black and heads did turn when her name was called during role call in class. Though, the nickname her friends gave her made her want to bang her head against a concrete wall. She jokingly grounded her one of her friends in her sophomore year of high school and now she's branded as "Mom" or "Mama" (the latter they use when they want something from her). Even now, a year and a half from graduating college, they still call her that whenever they see her.

If only they could see her now.

Spitting out the hair and moving it out of her face, Rain moved her phone back into her vision and repeated her earlier actions in vain. She groaned when it didn't work.

"I just wanna find out who wins! Is that too much to ask?" She threw a mild temper tantrum, though her grip on her phone was like a vice, therefore it was going nowhere. The curly-haired girl began to curse at her phone, feeling almost as angry as the time she got into an argument on Twitter with someone who was hating on the cinnamon roll that is Midoriya Izuku. "You know what, this is getting me nowhere. Let me go finish watching Demon Slayer."

Rain finished the last two episodes of Demon Slayer and wondered if she should start on the manga for that one. However, her biological clock started to tell her to go the fuck to sleep and before she could go plug her phone up, she fell asleep immediately—a terrible family habit. If anyone of her family members (including herself) were tired enough, they would fall asleep then and there. They were worried that it was a form of narcolepsy in the past, but their worries were unfounded.

Though, that night she would dream of forcing the manga writer to post the next chapter of Dr. Stone, Rain sighed in content in her sleep. However, she would come to low-key hate the manga writer for writing the plot for reasons that are not entirely unfounded.

———

It was the chirping of a nearby bird that woke her up. The crunching of leaves startled Rain into full awareness as she was very sure that she fell asleep in her very comfortable bed. Her dark eyes took in her surroundings as she stilled in fear.

She was not at home.

"Did someone break into my house and bring me here? Am I in some sort of fucked up sex trafficking ring area?" The thought of being captured by some traffickers made the hairs at the back of her neck stand up. After coming across countless missing girl posters and videos about how to counter attackers on social media, it suddenly occurred to her that this was probably her situation right now and it made her more aware of her surroundings. Rain reached around, looking for her phone when she found it in front of some strange looking rock, ignoring it for more pressing matters, she grabbed her phone.

When she pressed the power button, she cursed at the lack of service. "Of course, I'm in the middle of Bumfuck, Nowhere. Get the fuck up, Rain, don't be one of those stupid girls in those horror movies."