PROLOGUE

As Snape lay dying, The Boy Who Lived stared in horror at the man who spent so long tormenting him. Every curse, every reprimand, every betrayal the man ever brought upon Harry and his friends had vanished from his mind the moment he heard Snape's confession of, "Always."

Snape looked up at the boy and for a moment saw the woman he loved. He pulled Harry closer and mumbled the spell, "Dilectio." His wand lit for a moment then died down quickly when there was no source for the wand to escape to. Harry looked on questionably and cocked his head to the side.

"When you are on your own out there, it's just you and him," Snape didn't need to elaborate on who he meant. "Say that spell. He will be as good as dead."

Severus Snape died a man who was cold, a man who cared so very little for others. Yet, with this one sentence before he took his last breath he changed Delilah Matthews life forever. Tom Riddle was bound to her the moment she entered the world and her fate was now sealed.

**

Harry stared at the man who destroyed everything in his life. He thought of his parents, Sirius, Fred, and now Remus and Tonks. God, Harry thought as he looked at the snake like figure, Teddy Lupin will never know how amazing his parents were. He's now just as I was as a mere child.

Voldemort looked at the boy who destroyed everything in his life. He had plans and ambitions that were supposed to be done with decades ago. Harry was never apart of his plan, he was a glitch in his life that just won't vanish. Voldemort had never despised anyone more than the seventeen year old that stood before him. Harry would never hesitate to say the same.

As Voldemort raised his wand to say the wretched spell that has left his lips one too many times, Harry repeated the action and yelled the spell Severus Snape told him to. It was a clash of green and blue, the final moment on the battle field. Whatever spell it was that Harry had yelled out so passionately seemed to work with a mind of its own and it attacked the dark lord with such viciousness that all that was left of the snake like man was a pile of ash.

The war was won and no one thought of what became of Tom Riddle.