Cy x Noah fanfiction

A/N
PLEASE READ THOSE CHOSEN KIDS FIRST (author - NewtValdez ) otherwise none of this will make much sense!!!
On the other hand feel free to read a random short romance if you don't want to read Those Chosen Kids first - I just can't guarantee you'll understand it🙂

*Noah pov*
The resistance group returned to their base camp triumphantly. With Doctrine and Ray both now gone, they no longer had to hide. So, a celebration of sorts was organised for that evening.

Without much access to electricity, it was somewhat limited, but they made do, with candles in coloured glass and a makeshift disco ball made of foil around a large wooden sphere that had been carved by Corey. Someone had gotten hold of an old CD player and speakers, so while they had to make do with music that none of them exactly liked, the food and general atmosphere was worth it.

Noah was still recovering from the bullet wound in his leg, so he sat in the corner while everyone else danced, envious but at the same time enormously glad that he was even alive. He glanced at the rotting log he was sitting on, starting to fiddle with the bark to pass the time. Suddenly he felt a presence next to him.

"Hey, Cy."

He felt her smile.

"How did you now it was me?"

"I don't know... you have this certain presence, I guess, that is so completely you it's couldn't possibly be anyone else... I could sense you coming a mile off."

Noah smiled slightly as he looked up. Cy's bright green hair was obscuring her face slightly. Absentmindedly Noah reached out and tucked it behind her ear. Cy blushed.

"Hey, why aren't you dancing?" Noah asked. "You should be enjoying yourself."

Cy glanced away. "I... you were all on your own. I thought maybe... you might want to dance with me?" She fiddled with her hair awkwardly. "I might have to... half-carry you or something... we can probably work something out. I-if you want to, that is." Noah stared, transfixed, watching the coloured candlelight dance across the green strands. "I mean if you don't, that's fine too....I just thought, you were all alone and..."

Noah smiled despite himself. "Sure, why not?"

She helped him up, so that he was balancing on one leg.

"Can you – stand on it at all?"

"I can a bit," he replied. "Just a bit unsteady."

Cy was a lot stronger that she looked, and she managed to support Noah so that they were both in that cliché slow-dance position. The music was Mozart, Noah thought, trying to drag up vague memories of old classical music collections that he'd known as a kid. Him and Cy were swaying to the music, him a little unsteady and heavily leaning on her, but she didn't seem to mind. The candlelight made the rest of the world seem muted and blurred, and it was just him and Cy swaying to the music. Cy's eyes were so beautiful, he found himself for thinking, like shining forest pools like they'd seen the other day on the journey back – a pool of something that seemed like starlight.

Wait – was this how he was thinking about Cy? His friend?

The thought didn't repulse him like it might have done once. He now imagined what might happen between them... he'd lean in and kiss her like it was the most natural thing in the world and then...

Well, why not? Noah thought. I guess it's worth a try.

He leaned in hesitantly, but Cy didn't stop him. Closer and closer, still stopping nervously...

Cy closed the gap between them, smiling slightly, and kissed him. Her lips tasted like mint and raspberry ice-cream. She drew back, blushing, her eyes sparkling.

*Cy pov*

"And we have two lovebirds over there at the back... Hi there, Noah and Cy..."

Noah flushed bright red as Marcus, who was DJ-ing, pointed them out to everyone. Cy felt her own face go hot, embarrassed at being singled out. She'd imagined Noah kissing her for a while now... but there was nothing quite like the real thing. Hesitantly, she took Noah's hand.

"Do you want to go somewhere more private-"

"-Where we can kiss in peace?" He finished, grinning. "Sure, why not? Where did you have in mind?"