The Girl on the Moon

He ran.

Ran towards the moon.

He knew she'd be waiting.

Waiting for him.

     With her soft green eyes fixated on his. And her dark brown hair undulating around her hips. Perfect and glowing.

     A white dress that outlined her body and encircled her like a fluffly, light cloud.

     Her vivid legs peeked out of the hem of her dress as she dangled over the moon's edge. Her feet, barefoot. Her face, so exquisite and perfect. Shaped so beautifully it's hard to describe. Her lips, pulled back at the corners. They seemed to speak an unknown prophecy.

     Anxious, he trudged up the hill, approaching closer towards her. Her eyes followed his every move.

      Though he was out of breath, he knelt down, his hands clasped tightly together.

     "My love," he said, tears blurring his vision. "Please come down!"

    She looked at him, melancholy spreading over her face.

     "You are so beautiful, my love. Why do you hide? Why don't you come down and embrace the world? Show the universe your beauty! Don't hide up there, where no one can see you! Come down and spend the rest of enternity with me!"

     She closed her eyes and took a breath of the fresh summer night air.

     "I know you're afraid. I know you like to glance at things from afar. But, you don't know how wonderful the world is. How much love is here, surrounding us. All I ask is that you come down and experience it. Please?" He was begging. Tears streamed down his face as he pleaded for her to climb down.

     She did not make a sound. Sadness clouded her face, but she remained silent.

     "Don't you want to feel the grass, smell the flowers? Dance and sing? Spread your beauty throughout the world? Love me?"

     She leisurely opened her eyes. "All you have to do, my angel, is come down." He spread his arms out, ready to catch her.

     At that, she glanced down, nervously.

    "I'll catch you, my love. You can trust me. I won't let you fall," he said, reassuringly.

     Her eyes connected with his, silently agreeing.

     She took a deep breath and slowly started to ascend. She groped at the moon, trying desperately to hang on. She drew herself upto her full height and balanced herself on the tip of the moon.

     She stuck out her arms, the wind billowing her dress out.

    She closed her eyes and whispered, "Catch me." She let herself fall forward, plunging down to Earth.

     Warm arms enveloped around her and soft kisses dotted her cheeks.

   She opened her eyes and saw his lovely face staring back at her.

     "I love you," he whispered and pressed his warm lips on hers.

     He set her gently on her feet and slipped his hand through hers, whisking her off into a melodic dance across the land.

     She smiled, twirling into his embrace and dancing along with him, singing her heart out. She felt water splash around her and the wind blowing her perfect hair into a tangled mess. She smelled the wonderful fragrance of the blooming flowers and the rough blades of grass, brushing against her feet.

     And from that night on, the girl on the moon never hid from the world again.

~Hope you guys enjoyed this short story! This story can mean whatever you want it to mean, honestly! Please comment! I love reading what you have to say!~

xoxo,

Stargirl:)