epilogue

• Freya Østergård

At the age of 30 years old - seven years after my breakup with George - I never thought that I would met him in the streets of Monte Carlo, during my obsessive shopping time. I knew our world was little but, still, I wouldn't wait for that. He was the same skinny and tall boy, but now with more expression signs around the blue eyes I used to love, he was a real man. He was now a two time champion of the world with Mercedes, I make sure to watch all the races that decide his world titles, even if it was from my couch. I was happy for him, he always told me that, that was his biggest dream in life.

"Freya? Gosh, I haven't seen you in ages!" His voice was still the same, the same angel voice I used to heard. "Well, you broke up with me, Mr. Russell." I joke and he smile shrugging. After two years of therapy I was able to understand that our relationship wasn't good for none of us. "Would it be weird if I invite you to a coffee?" He asked smiling sympathy. "I think yes, but I would appreciate if you pay me espresso." I smile slightly while he gave me his arm to hold, a real Englishman. "How is life going?" He asked me after I had drop my six Gucci's bag in the chair near of me, he sat on my front. "Like always, I never stop to work, you know!" I said while the waiter put my hot espresso on the table. I heard him agreed. "What about you, two times world champion?" I faced him seen the most proud look someone could have, George was never the most humble. "I'm doing pretty well, actually!" I smiled nodding at his sentence. He appearance to be happy. "You don't get old, do you?" He said making ne grinned. "I can gave you my doctor's number, he is pretty good with botox and this kind of stuff."

"Are you dating someone?" He changed the subject making me a little discomfort. I had totally overcame George, but I never felt like I should be in another seriously relationship again. "To end up like us? No, therapists are pretty expensive, honey!" His eyelashs I was always jealous of, blinked uncontrollably to me. "Stop to blink, is not like I haven't overcame you, is just that I'm still focused on my job and I wouldn't have time for other person, but tell me about you." I rolled my eyes and he showed me his hand. Oh my God! "I'm engaged, she is a very good and kindly person." I was shocked, besides his races I never read or saw anything about him or his personal life. "Oh, God! Congratulations George, she is a very luckily woman!" I was been truly, he was amazing and this woman have the best of a lucky. "You know?! It's a bit stranger to think that I'm going to be married with someone isn't you, I thought about this all the time when we were still together."

"I know, but we were, we are, very different persons, us would never have worked out properly." I said and he nodded tooking a sippy of his hot tea with milk. "I learned that we were toxic to each other. When you broke up with me I thought my life was over but I learned that I never needed you, I loved you and I chose to be by your side, but that wasn't a necessity. Do you understand me?" I asked wishing he had got it. "Totally! I took some time to saw that too, I think we just started everything so young and then we changed in ways the other would never understand, we weren't happy anymore." I nodded. "I'm happy you understand me in this point. I would never want you to think that I'm not thankful for all the years we spended together, I keep good memories of us."

"I know you, at least I knew, so I would never think anything like that from you." He quickly said. "I didn't change that much, y'know, I'm still the same person from seven years ago." I shyly told him. "I don't know if I should be worried or no." He playfully spoke making me roll my eyes trying not to laugh of his dumbass joke. "I'm better than I was, but I'll never stop to be me. I'm glad by the way I choose to live." I took a sippy of my coffee as he nodded. "Tell me more about your bride!" I changed the subject, happily hearing him talk about Anika Vandersloot, his Netherlander bride. That didn't hurt like I thought it would.

I didn't know how many time we spend there talking about his life and our familys but when I realized it, I was very late for an appointment. "Oh my God, George! I'm so sorry but I have to leave right now! I'm super late!" I stood up looking at my phone then to him. "It's okay! Do you need a ride?" I shocked no. "My car is on the other side of the street, thank you." I replied with a polite smiled while I grabbed my bags and he putted some money above the table. "I was really good to see you, I'm very proud of what you became!" I told him as we stood in front of each other on the street.

"That means a lot to me coming from you! I happy we overcame our passed, so we were able to have this conversation." He smiled softly. "Me too! I wish you all the happiness, you and Anika deserve it." As the words left my mouth I felt my heart full of gratitude. Gratitude for being able to see George and understand that we have a passed and that we can still survive a hard moment. Understand that no matter what happens, we will always love each other but in a different way. Love is also let it go, love is want to see your beloved happy and also felt happy with your own self.

Rain came pouring down when I was drowning
That's when I could finally breathe
And by morning gone was any trace of you,
I think I am finally clean

"Clean" - Taylor Swift

* . : . ¤ ♡ ¤ . : . *

Well, this is how I first imagine this story do end

Well, this is how I first imagine this story do end. I loved to write it and I really hoped you all enjoy it as much as I did.

I write it to let we all know that is okay if life with your partner doesn't work how we thought it would and that is okay to be alone, you are the only person you need to be happy.

Thank you for all the views and votes, I really appreciate that. Thank you so much!!!

Let me know what you all are thinking about this end and if you would like them to end up together. I can maybe write a alternative end if you want to.

That's pretty much it.

Again, thank you so much for the support!!!!!!

#Blacklivesmatter #nojusticenopeace

F. - XOXO