Revenge Part 11

The pirate hauled Rayla away from Callum, locked the door, and then shoved her down the hall and to a gold door. He opened it and Rayla saw Felix. He was sitting on a elaborate throne but he smirked when Rayla was wrestled in front of him. He stood up and walked in front of the girl. 

"Ah. The little stealer. Come to give my necklace back?" Felix asked putting his hand under Rayla's chin. 

She wretched her head away. "Hardly." She said looking down. "You took my mother, you took my father, you took my necklace and now you've taken Callum. I'm not letting you take anything else, you piece of-" Rayla spat on Felix's shoe. 

Felix glared and the pirate holding Rayla yanked her up. Rayla's eyes locked onto Felix's. 

"That was a foolish thing to say." Felix said, his eyes blazing. 

"Why? Because you can't take a 16 year old hurting your self esteem?" Rayla knew she was going to get hurt but the back hand stung and the blood that dripped down her chin surprised her. She licked her split lip and grimaced. Felix stood and sat down on his throne again. 

"We're. is. my. necklace." He asked but Rayla only looked at the blood staining the carpet that was coming from her mouth. 

"I threw it over board." She had a plan. Felix's face went white. 

"You did what?!" He roared. Rayla relaxed her arms and on cue the pirate let go for a second to adjust his grip. Rayla spun, her arms coming out of his grip and she roundhouse kicked him, knocking him out. Felix bolted up and Rayla swung a punch at him. It caught him in the mouth. 

"That's from my mouth." Rayla said and ran out the door, closing it behind her. She ran to the room Callum was kept in and broke the door down with a snap kick. She shook Callum. 

"We need to go. Now!!" She slung one of his arms over his shoulders and pulled him up. Callum yelled in agony and Rayla sent a mental apology. 

They got into the light and Callum looked at Rayla's face. 

"W-wait. Are y-you bleeding?!" He asked, voice slightly slurred. Rayla looked around and found the stairs. 

"Yep." She said and the couple heard a shout. "Crud." Rayla muttered. She thought for a second. "Callum we're are you hurt most." She asked, setting him on a stair. 

"My ribs. F-felix cracked some. And m-my head." Rayla ripped off her sleeves and tied the end. One she tied around his ribs, and Callum gasped in pain. 

"This'll help." She said and wrapped the other one on his head, blood already staining. 

Two pirates came into the light a second after. 

"Rayla!!" Callum pointed and Rayla turned, her leg in the air. It hit one in the gut and he stumbled back, the air knocked out of him. The other one grabbed Rayla's leg but Rayla set her hands on the floor and sprung up, her other leg wrapping around the pirates neck. Then Rayla flipped down, the pirate crashing on the ground. He shouted once before Rayla grabbed his neck, setting off a pressure point. He slumped to the ground. 

Rayla helped Callum up and they set off onto the stairs. 

"H-how did you do that?" Callum asked, wonder and amazement in his eyes. Rayla smiled. 

"Magic." She replied.  She opened the door and helped Callum into the alley. Luckily, Rayla spotted The Ryde and she hustled Callum faster. Once they got onto the dock they heard a scream. More pirates swarmed everywhere and children scrambled away in fear. 

"I can't take that many." Rayla said her brain trying to come up with a solution. 

"Rayla, you need to leave me. Y-you need to run to the ship. T-they can do anything to me, it won't matter a-as long as your safe." Callum said but Rayla wasn't listening. 

Then she started to sing. The song was low at first but got louder. It lured people to sit down around Callum and Rayla, their eyes glazed over. 

"Rayla w-what are you singing?" Callum asked. 

"Cover your ears." Rayla told him and when he did she let out a beautiful, high note. Everybody in ear shot moved to make room for them and Rayla hurried Callum to the ship. 

"W-what was that?" He asked and Rayla grinned. 

'I'm half mermaid. That, was a siren song."