28.

🦋☀ 🌊 - 28

    the pogues watch the plane pass by the small shacks they hid under. none of them knew where john b was, but the plane taking off gave them a clear idea.

olivia's knees go weak as she sits onto the floor and leans against one of the junk dressers. not only did they not get the gold, but it's lost in the hands of ward cameron.

"shit!" jj kicks a nearby chair.

"fuck!" pope screams, taking a bat and swings it around on a rampage. "damn it!"

pope continues to yell and scream as he bashes everything around him. the group couldn't do anything but watch as he destroys everything.

soon enough, the boy gets tired and plops down on a couch. he was shaking and out of breath from his actions. it looked like he was about to cry also.

"pope!" kiara yells. "pope."

"yeah dude." jj looks at pope. he didn't look surprised anymore, instead he looked proud. "i was wondering when this was gonna happen."

olivia watches the blonde make his way over to pope. he held out his juul to his friend who has never smoked before in his life. "a little weed never hurt no body."

"yes it did, j. don't put bad ideas into his head." olivia hits his arms.

"jj." kie stops him. "you know he doesn't smoke."

pope reaches out and grabs the juul from jj. the blonde takes a seat next to him and waves his girlfriend over to him so she can sit on his lap. it was at that moment that olivia realized just how tired she was.

"pope you don't have to. what is that going to change?" kiara asks softly.

"i lost my scholarship. i walked out in the middle of the interview." pope looks up at the girl standing in front of him.

"you did that for us." kiara points out.

"no." pope stands up so he's standing face to face with kiara. "not for us. for nothing."

"he's right. it doesn't matter anymore." jj agrees with his friend.

pope leans against the pole and takes a big hit from jj's juul. he lets out a puff of smoke and looks at kie who looks a little disappointed in him.

the boy averts his attention away from kie to something him. the pogues look behind him too where john b is now standing.

"john b! are you good?" they all stand up and rush towards their friend.

jj takes the brunettes hand covered in a dark crimson color. "is that yours?"

"who's blood is that? john b are you okay?" olivia checks for any sign of blood around him. his shirt was covered in the dark blotchy color, but it didn't come from him.

sirens were heard in the distance, causing the group to duck down and hide behind a pile of wood. whatever happened involved the police and only john b knew about it.

when the sirens were gone, everyone sits back down so john b can explain the story. olivia didn't know officer peterkin all that well except for the fact that she's a good cop who tries her best to help. in this case it was for john b and sarah, but it backfired quickly when rafe shot her.

soon enough, the sky got dark and the pogues head to the police department. jj gave pope a cigarette instead of his juul, causing pope to cough like crazy. "easy there chief."

"that wasn't a good idea." olivia looks at jj in annoyance. pope was an innocent kid who hasn't touched a drug in his life. olivia was even shocked the boy stuck around with them for so long.