Chapter Three: Introducing Mutsutafu!

"This job is kind of shady, don't you think Gon?"

"Yeah...Why do we have to hunt down humans this time?"

"...I don't know."

Gon and Killua had just received a message from the Hunter Association. Hunters often communicated through Q, a secret network that enables hunters to communicate each other without having to worry about their logs or call history being recorded or detected by any individual.

The message read as follows:

.
.
.
─┐

Rookie Hunter Gon Freecs and Killua Zoldyck,

Your departure to Musutafu City has been approved of by the Chairman. However, you are required to be active during your trip. You have been selected for a mission. You shall be hunting a man, instead of a creature. If you agree to such conditions, send a message within 24 hours. If not, you are not to step in Musutafu. Details can be discussed in the corresponding server.

  -  P.H.

└─
.
.
.
"No—no way."

"Come on, Killua! We already agreed on this!"

"We agreed on going to a hero school. Not hunting a man. A real human being."

Killua didn't really care if he had to hunt a human. If they had done a lot of crimes, that was enough reason to kill him. He was more worried about Gon. He didn't want to admit it—but Gon worried him ever since what happened.

Gon went silent ever since he found out Kite, the person who had saved him previously, had been murdered. Killua thought it would be okay eventually...they had seen a lot of people die after all...but Gon stood silent until they confronted the killer.

He raged. He teared her piece by piece and broke every bone in her body. Then he caressed her dead body and collapsed.

Turns out Gon used too much energy from his body. He fell into a coma everyone thought he would never wake up from. Until, Killua saved him with Alluka's powers. If that happened again...if he were to be near death again...

Killua felt his heartbeat accelerate. His insides were spinning, and so was his mind. He'd only felt like this one time before—the time when he was absolutely useless.

"Killua!"

Killua snapped back to reality. Gon was standing right in front of him, his arms wrapped around Killua. He couldn't help but notice the sunlight illuminating the room with a warm yellow, the smell of the lavender and the summer sea in the air, and the warmth he felt in against his body.

Just a few seconds ago, he felt so cold. His heart had dropped to the floor and his mind was spinning. Now, everything was at peace. He knew exactly what he felt, and exactly what he was going to do.

"Gon."

"Yeah?" Gon said. He could feel Gon's heartbeat against his chest. It was surprisingly calm.

"I'm sorry. You're not going."

"What?!" Gon separated the hug. "What do you mean, I'm not going?!"