Chapter 6: Feelings

Troy's P.O.V:

Today's the day. The day I tell Ruby how I feel. It's been a week since the accident and Ruby and I have had fun together. We also did the second half of the course and both passed. Now we are just waiting for Hoppo to tell us who was going to be the new Lifeguards. It's my day off today so we decided to have some fun. We went to the movies to watch Mama Mia. It was great until we were kicked out for singing (well, screaming) the songs. We then went to go get Ruby a phone. She said that I didn't have to pay, and after much arguing, I did. We then went to a café and had lunch. We decided to ask some questions to each other.

"This is gonna sound weird, but how do you feel about us boys? As in, like, friends?" I ask. She looks thoughtful for a second.

"Well," she says, "Hoppo's like a dad, Deano is a really good friend, Dunno, You, Harrison and Jesse are brothers and I don't really know about anyone else." she finishes. It really hurt to think that I was only a brother but it's better than nothing. I was about to lead her to the cliff to ask her to be my girlfriend when my phone rang. It was Hoppo.

"Hey Hop!" I say.

"Hey, are you with Ruby?" he asks, getting to the chase.

"Ahh, yeah," I say, wanting to know why he wanted Ruby.

"Good. I need Ruby to my office and you to the beach. It's busy down here today." he says.

"We'll be there in 5." I say, disappointed I couldn't spend more time with Ruby.

-------------------

"See you later!" I say to Ruby. We are on the Pavilion. 

"Yeah, I'll tell you what he says," Ruby laughs. I walk  to the towe, wondering why Hoppo wanted Ruby.

Ruby's P.O.V:

I walk into Hoppo's office.

"Hi," he says.

"Hi." I reply.

"So, you're probably wondering why I asked for you to be here." he  says.

"Yeah," I'm really nervous, I just want to be on the team.

"Well," he continues, "I have reviewed everybody's fitness and you are one of two candidates that stand out." I sit there, shocked. "Which means, your on the team." he smiles.

"Really, I-I don't know w-what to say!" I stutter.

"How about thank you?" he chuckles.

"THANK YOU!" I scream, maybe a little too loud. Hoppo laughs. He leads me to get my uniform and we walk to the tower.

"You aren't rostered on today, but you are tomorrow. If you wanna just help out, that would be fine." hey says.

"Thanks!" I chirp, "Bye!" I walk inside.

"Oh hey!, your the girl that had hypothermia at the pool! Weren't you?" I look up to see someone I had never me before.

"Uh yeah," I say, "who are you?" It was just him in the tower.

"My name's Samuel." he said, "the new trainee, what's your name?"

"Ruby," I say, "hey! You were in my heat!"

"I was too!" Samuel laughed. "So are you another trainee?"

"Yeah, I start tomorrow. Where are the others? You're not supposed to be in the tower on your own." I ask.

"I'm not supposed to, but Gonzo had to go give someone pain relief in the skate bowl." he said, looking back at the water when the radio crackled to life. It was Troy.

"Troy to tower." Samuel picked up the radio.

"Go ahead Troy," he said, really professionally.

"This kids name is Kevin, he's 16 and has a broken arm." Poor kid, I know what it's like to have a broken arm. I'm pretty accident prone.

"Copy I'll call an ambo." Samuel says. He then looks at me and pats the seat next to him, signalling for me to sit down. I grab a pair of binoculars and watch the water and Samuel calls the ambulance.

"Hey Samuel," I say is that someone in a rip? I ask.

"Yeah I think," he says. I radio to the lifeguards and they pull off a textbook rescue when Troy comes in. I giggle and he looks confused as I don't have a lifeguard shirt on. Just my normal clothes. "I got the job." I giggle and he smiles and picks me up and spins me around. Samuel laughs and Troy blushes. He sits down.

"We are gonna need to give you two a nickname. He says.

"You can call me Sam." Samuel says.

"Not just that, more like random nicknames. Like mine!" he says. "How 'bout you Ruby?"

"Well," I think, "I AM pretty accident prone," I blush. The boys laugh.

"I don't know what to call you guys!" Troy chuckles, "but nicknames don't happen overnight.

-------------------

The rest of the day went quickly. Nothing much happened apart from Harrison telling Troy something. I wasn't allowed to know what he said but I didn't care much. After knock-off, Troy lead me to the cliff.

"Ruby," he said looking down, "I'm not really confident around women, but being with you makes me confident and happy." By then I was really confused. "And I don't know if that's because we're living together, or because," he trailed off, and grabbed my hand, "or because I have feelings for you," he looked in my Hazel eyes. I was shocked alright. The one I had feelings for had just said he had feelings for me!

"Me too," I said, breathless. He held my neck and pulled my face closer. He smiled and kissed me! It felt amazing. Well until Jesse walked up behind us and smiled. We pulled away and he laughed. We both looked at him and I blushed. Troy kicked him in the guts. I know I need to tell him now. But how? Jesse left and Troy and I watched the sunset. I love Bondi.

Hi readers! This is the longest chapter yet! I am still trying to make it longer though. Keep posting comments of what you want to see in the later chapters and I will try to make It happen. Also, Thank you to those who have favourited and commented on my chapters!