chapter two!

chapter two . . .

. . . creepy detective

          LAVENDER couldn't help but let out a sigh as she sat in-between Hanna and Aria at Apple Rose Grille. Lavender herself felt so emotionally drained, she just wanted to have a long bath and then curl up into bed.

          "Why was Jenna there?" Aria asked as Lavender stirred her drink with her straw.

          "Obviously she's back, and she plans on staying." Lavender sighed before she took a sip of her drink.

          "And that cop acted as if we were suspects or something." Hanna said referring to the detective which stopped them when they left Alison's funeral.

          "Do you think we looked guilty?" Emily asked, looked between Spencer and the other girls across from her.

          "Why would we?" Aria asked making everyone turn to her. "We haven't done anything wrong."

          "Except lie about the Jenna Thing." Hanna said making all the girls uncomfortable at the mention of what had happened to Jenna.

          "We promised we would never bring up the Jenna Thing again, remember." Spencer said in a hushed whisper reminding all the girls the promise they made to each other and Alison.

          "Like it never happened." Lavender sighed as she took the flask off Hanna and poured some of its contents into her drink, stirring it with her straw once again.

          "Have you found a way to forget?" Aria asked all the girls rhetorically. "I still wake you sometimes in the middle of the night━"

          "Aria it was an accident." Spencer reminded her.

          Lavender went to take a sip of her drink as she looked at the other people at the grille, but she locked eyes with a man giving her a sceptical look. "It's medicinal." She said as she placed a kind smile on her face, but the man's face didn't change. "Cramps." She said a little harsher, making the man uncomfortable and making him turn back to his own food.

          "I don't get it." Emily started. "How does A know something about me that only Alison knows?" Emily asked the question that was on all their minds.

          "Ali knew all of our secrets," Aria stated, "but we never knew any of hers."

          "I knew some." Spencer spoke up making all the girls look at her, as she wasn't the only one. Lavender knew more about Alison than any other of the girls sitting with her, but she wasn't ready to make that common knowledge as Alison also told her a lot about the other girl's secrets.