Chapter 16 : Ready...Set...Collect!

"Good morning, boys~! Did you guys have a good night's re—" (Y/N) cut herself off as she saw the sleep-deprived looks on her companions' faces, the bags under their eyes and the yawns coming out of their mouths making everything too obvious.

"A-Are you guys okay? Were the beds not comfortable enough? Or did you guys stay up all night to do something I didn't know about?" (Y/N) asked, tilting her head in confusion.

As soon as hearing the third question, the five boys immediately perked up, pretending that nothing was wrong.

"A-Ahahaha...! N-Nothing's wrong, princess! D-Don't worry...!" Haruto stammered, his smiling mouth twitching. The other boys only nodded vigorously, Kouta whistling a random tune which only raised the girl's suspicions.

(Y/N) placed her hands on her waist, raising an eyebrow in speculation. She stared at them for a few seconds before contorting her face into a wide smile.

"Is that so? Well, as long as you guys weren't doing something weird or dangerous last night, then I'm relieved! Now come, let's go get some breakfast, and we'll talk about our agenda for today~!" the (E/C)-eyed girl chirped, skipping towards the stairs of the inn, making her way down.

The five boys sighed in relief simultaneously. Boy, were they glad that (Y/N) was in a good mood this morning, because if not, they could only guess that she'd interrogate them until she would find out about their little 'competition' last night.

Soon after, the boys followed (Y/N) downstairs and after having a quick breakfast, the group gathered outside the inn to discuss the things that they would do for today.

"So I was thinking...we could go to the forest to get ourselves some magical items! We could even find things that might help us during our quests, right?" (Y/N) suggested.

Riku hummed in response. "We could also sell some items whenever we need the money."

"Yeah, that too!" (Y/N) beamed, making the red-haired male earn a small blush on his cheeks and look away.

"Shouldn't we stock up on potions first?" Shinobu suggested while playing with one of his shurikens.

"Oh, yeah!" (Y/N) agreed, then before she could take a step towards the city's streets, she made a glance towards the black-haired male. "Shinobu, please stop playing with that, you might get hurt."

Shinobu knew all too well that he won't get hurt since he's had years of experience handling the small weapon, but he obeyed her request anyway. He nodded and placed the shuriken back in one of his pockets.

(Y/N) smiled, and she set her sights forward again. "Onward~!!!"

Kouta seemed to have snapped out of his somewhat sleepy state once he heard the (H/C)-haired girl's announcement, then he perked up, regaining his usual energy again. "Ah, (Y/N)! Wait for me!!!" he exclaimed as he ran after (Y/N).

"You mean wait for us." Riku muttered under his breath, following behind in a passive pace. Katsumi only let out a small chuckle and Haruto pouted a bit, frustrated at the fact that his favorite member of the party went ahead of him. Shinobu stayed silent, and he stayed behind the other three boys, letting his mind wander off somewhere else for the time being.

_____________________________

About an hour later, (Y/N) and the boys were finally done gathering some essential things that they may need in their little forest expedition.

The group stood in front of the forest's entrance, and there they were met with a man wearing some sort of park ranger's uniform.