The Beastly Breakup (Night shift)

"I can as soon as I could get off, somehow it's really easy to get out of work." Jacquelyn Sighed a bit as she entered the somewhat empty Coffee shop. Apart from Larry and Kit, the only other people who were in happend to be Phil by the counter and the Ike and Josephine sharing a drink by the front door. "But as I said before on call, I'd love to help break off a toxic relationship. Especially after the last one I was in!"

"Well look on the brightside, at least you grew from the experience and can impart your wisdom on others!" Phil managed to smile a bit as he leaned against the counter, Kit getting both him and Jacquelyn a free drink as a thank you for helping out.

"Phil's here so if Sir comes around too then he can hopefully distract him for a while." Kit explained as she lay both the lattes on the counter for the two before running a hand through her hair. "And if he doesn't show then Phil has the pleasure of a free latte and hopefully when everything is over and done with, a better working place."

"Depends who gets the Mill in the divorce..." Larry joked a bit as he finished of cleaning a glass in the sink before drying it. The two woman shook their heads and sighed as they thought back to their conversation. This was only going to a break up between two boyfriends, not a divorce between husband and wife... yet.

"Charles will, I mean I looked into the history of the place at the bank before arriving." Jacquelyn said before taking a sip of her drink, mouthing a quick thank you at Kit. "The place was paid for by him, the whole Mill is his and under his name and not his partners. Weather it was for giving him the blame for accidents like Phil's or just because they don't know how to change it, if he wanted to then Charles could fire and get rid of Sir."

"Wait, but aren't they partners?" Phil began to point out as he also took his latte and began to drink, enjoying the warm liquid running down his throat. "I mean, I'm pretty sure you can't fire your partner... and if they weren't it seems like Sir is the big boss man with all the cards?"

Kit thought for a moment before seeing what Jacquelyn was talking about. "No... they might say they're partners but realistically Sir is just pocketing all the profits for himself... but then behind that, he isn't even the boss of everything. Charles really should be having the final say on how the place is run but second in command appears to be pulling the strings of the operation."

"Bingo!" Jacquelyn did a quick finger gun at Kit before winking. "So first step his build up confidence, next step his have him get out of this relationship and finally have him take over the mill so he can finally run it the way he wants to. May take a while, obviously, but it'll be worth it to see the man actually be able to smile about something."

"He was smiling about something yesterday," Larry added as he nudged Kit in the arm a little only to get a slight nudge back. "But I'm hoping you're not gonna start messing around with other people's lives. This is somewhat understandable and probably a really nice thing to do but if you're going to st---"

"Don't worry Larry, we're just sorting out the Mill issue and that's it. I promise..." Both her and Jacquelyn knew this was a lie but they also knew that the only times they'd concern themselves with other people's lives is when they need the help. "Now, Charles should hopefully be here soon..."

As they were waiting, Josephine and Ike had left with Kit now washing the cups and Larry wiping down the tables. Phil chatted gleefully with Jacquelyn as they drank their lattes and Jacques visited for a moment to check how the operation was going before heading to the bookshop next door to chill out with Olivia. A few more minutes of nothing, the bell to the door rang as a cloud of smoke entered into the place before being followed by the man actually smoking and his partner. "Why the hell did you insist on coming back here? And who the hell do you have to meet up with?"