Chapter 2

#Piya's room late at night.

Piya and Misha were unpacking the bags.

Misha.: Piya ye kya tum to ye bag pura kitabo se bharkar laai ho? Kitni padhaku ho yar.

Misha empties the entire bag on the bed and a few pages and black and white pictures fall out of it. She notices Piya's picture on one which appears to be very old picture and takes it in her hand. She tried reading the caption but couldn't make sense of it.

Misha (showing the pic to Piya): Piya ye picture kab li tumne. N ye kya likha he mujhe kuch smj nai aa raha. Konsi language he?

Piya gets up to check the picture with widened eyes and with a feeling of being exposed of her secrets.

Misha : and ye piche kaun he. Is that Abhay? Ye kabka pic he.
She thinks hard and then says remembering: Oh wait, is it from Abhay's birthday?

Piya (not looking into her eyes): kuch bhi bolti ho Misha. Esa kuch nai he.

She steals the photo from Misha's hand.

Misha : are haan na. Mene tumhe dekha bhi tha us din. Vo purani sadiyon vale kapdo me. And Abhay bhi to koi Maithali ka naam lekar chilla raha tha party me. In fact Kabeer n uski ladai bhi hui thi us baat par. Ye kya drama he tum dono k bich ?

Piya (worriedly):  nahi vo bas ese hi. Kuch nahi . Papa kese he.

Asked Piya trying to change the topic and protect Abhay's truth. A fact she herself amazed at.

Misha : vo kafi better he. Abhi so gaye he. Me bhi jati hu. Kafi thakan ho gai. Tum bhi so jao. Abhay k sapno me

And she ran away before Piya could say anything. Misha had no idea what had happened between Piya and Abhay. She still thought Piya was in love with Abhay and it was just some silly fight between them as usual.

Piya on the other hand got distracted in the story of Maithali. She remembered her failed attempts to find the truth about Maithali and Abhay on his birthday.  Abhay had felt hurt and betrayed with Piya's actions. She remembered how she jumped into fire to force the truth out of Abhay. Piya remembered the pain and worry on Abhay's face. She remembered how troubled  he was to find Piya amidst the heavy fire and his face telling an old tale of regret. He had wanted to save Piya from fire at any cost. Even his life! And he jumped in fire to save her. And Piya wondered

"Esa to kya ho gaya Abhay? Tum mujhe bachane k liye apani jaan ki bhi parwah  nahi karte the! Mere liye apne parents se bhi ladai ki. Fir esa kya hua k tumne mujh par hi hamla kiya. Kyu? N mujhe kuch yaad kyu nai he."

She found herself crying again. She wanted to talk to Abhay to know the truth. But she wondered if Abhay would tell her the truth. Afterall he didn't even tell her about his brother. Just then she remembered. When she was searching for Abhayendra's brother on the internet she found there was a mention of his brother. It said they all died in fire. She looked through those pages again. The pages she had copied from the library book  "history of Pandher". She searched through it in hopes of finding clues all night. Afterall she had lost her sleep ever since Abhay bit her.  Alas! She didn't have all the pages translated except those about Maithali and Abhayendra. She felt frustrated. She had to go on this truth finding mission one more time. Just when she had thought that she knew everything about Abhay, new mysteries opened up. She needed to know the truth. And this time she will find it. By hook or crook. She will find every detail about Abhay's life. His human life and his vampire life as well. She was determined. 

Warm red sun rays shone her room as dawn came about. She covered her back with a light shawl. She didn't want to burn her back again. She remembered how her back had burned and Abhay had healed her. He kissed her back softly stealing her pain away from her and leaving only soothing sensation. Just at the thought of the kiss and the touch, a current ran through her body. She remembered the love and care in his touch. She remembered how he had asked her permission before touching. A smile crept on Piya's face unknowingly. And then she remembered last night. How she found out about Abhay's bite. She felt torn.  She walked near the window and saw Abhay's car.