indigo

|six - indigo|

    I'm standing in the middle of a pure white room. I immediately recognize this place as my brain. I try to get myself used to the room, since I know I'll have to be in here for a while. My mind is my only sanctuary to go to after what had happened after the KAT test - it's the only place where at least some of my sanity remains.

    In front of me, I see my family. My mom, dad, and Matt. They still have the marks and wounds I tried to prevent on the day of my test, and had failed at doing so. But they're alright and alive in the real world. Everything that happened in the test wasn't real. They were just pictures, holographs. To me, they were dead. I could never look at them the same again. Whenever I would look at my parents, I would probably see the tortured version of them. Same thing with Matt. And they all would be whispering the same two words I've been hearing ever since the test.

    "You're worthless."

👥👥👥

    My eyes open and I'm out of my mind, back into the real world again. My eyes glaze over to my right hand, and I focus on my index finger. It still isn't moving, no matter how I tried over the past week. The doctors said that it will probably take around a month or so for my body and nerves to recover from the test.

    There's always a point when everything in your body has had enough and decided to shut down. This is what happened to me during the KAT test, while I was trying to save the holographic scenes of my family dying. Stress and pressure and determination built up stack after stack, until everything completely gave up. The last thing I remember is a blinding white light and suddenly I couldn't hear anything anymore, just white noise.

    After that and around three hours of operating, the doctors declared that my body was paralyzed from my neck down. For now, I was spending my days in a wheelchair, being pushed around from class to class, with Alec and Rose by my side. Though they never announced it, I felt like we actually were becoming friends, which made my heart jump a little since I was one level less away from being Rose's potential boyfriend.

    So that was it. My average life and body dropped down to less than average life with a crippled body. Not that much of a transformation, if you ask me.

    Right now, I was currently being wheeled to the cafeteria for lunch. Surprisingly, cafeteria food doesn't sound so bad at the moment. Rose is currently having a debate with Alec on why plastic surgery isn't really made with plastic, while Alec is saying that yes, doctors do use plastic for surgery, thus the title 'plastic surgery'. I'm the silent listener in most of these conversations, until both of them ask which one is right. Usually I'll go with Rose, since she has the most facts to back up her point and she looks damn cute while doing it.

    While they continue to argue, I let my eyes roam around the cafeteria like usual. Just like in regular school, here we also have groups that people are placed in. However, our aspects of the 'popular' ones are different. Actually, the groups are based on your score in the KAT. Currently, I'm in the 'undecided' - this group consists of only me so far.

    People like Rose, the Elementals, sit near the entrance of the cafeteria in one whole table. They are quiet people who seem to not cause that much trouble compared to other groups. They are organized in terms of levels, most of the higher levels sitting way at the front and some of the lower levels barely there. Usually, lower levels have to eat lunch as quiclly as they can and go start training. Alec's group, the Matter-Controllers, sat near the exit. Many of them were reckless, just  like Alec. They were testing out their abilities in plain sight and were just waiting to get caught.

    Out of all the groups that were shown, one group had me curious. I had come up with names with all the other groups, since they were easy to figure out, but I couldn't figure out what this group had. This group had barely any members, about six or so. They were so quiet, that if you talked to them, they would flinched. That's also another thing - they never talked, and no one talked to them. They just ate their lunch, put it away, and sat in silence. Many of them had multiple piercings and jewelry, but that was something that I was sure was not required. Over the past few days, I knew that this group consisted of about three girls and three boys - a perfect group that didn't seem so perfect.

    I never saw their faces. I would only see the back of their heads or the front, since they always seemed to have their head down. One girl had straight black hair. Another had dark red hair. Another had curly brown hair. One boy had white-blonde hair. Another had the messiest dark black hair. Another had spiky green hair.

    Then, while I was watching the spiky-green one, I saw a flicker of movement. My eyes drift over to the flicker, and my eyes immediately widen in surprise. It was one of the members, obviously - the one with the straight black hair.

    She is wearing a mask.