Prom Queen

(Listen to the music at the top– while reading :>)

I'm at the end of my 4th year. It was to much, I lacked excitement. Everybody seemed so happy on how 'Prom is fun'. Maybe yes? No? How would I know?

"Sana! Get ready!" It didnt take long enough for me to answer because mom was already in front of the door, facing my room. She beamed a smile as I stood up and looked her fully "I prepared your dress! You'll be the Prom Queen tonight, I'm sure!" The dress was beautiful. That's all.

I then started to go to the bathroom and took a quick shower. I succeeded, I then wiped my bare skin and dried my hair not until a text appeared on the screen on my cellphone

Tzuyoda(2)
We'll wait for you!
Tap to reply

I have bestfriends. Yet, it was impossible to be close with them– they're famous and I didn't want attention. I avoided the social media. Just to mind my own business. I thought came to my mind and I smiled. Maybe prom isn't bad at all? Maybe, I should grow up some confidence.

"I can't help the fact that I like to be alone.." it was just a sentence yet it felt so much. It described me the best. I continued to dry my hair and finally faced the mirror "You can do this, Sana.."
I forced a smile, it was like... My eyes were tired, in the corner of my lips it felt hard. Maybe they were right, staying true to yourself is much better than lying. Right?

It started with the makeup. Light yet simple-looking! Eyebrows dark. Eyes as a light shade of brown. Cheeks flushed, with red and pink. Lips pinkish as ever.  My hair was wavy and I liked it. I might be insecure, but maybe– I'll accept the fact who I am.

"Let me help you" Maybe it was the fact that I DO need help. The dress is white. Around it– glitters and it lit as a light reflects on it. It shimmered perfectly. I continued to prepare. I was almost done. My phone vibrated and I checked it

Jeongiee(3)
Party starts in 10 minutes! Drive safely!
Tap to reply

"Our Daughter is just so beautiful" Dad

I smiled. It was said verbally, and I couldn't hide the fact that It made me grin.The last touch– high heels, It was hard to walk with it but I found myself keeping balance with my weight. I smiled as I waved goodbye and grabbed my purse. While walking, dad grabbed my hand and immediately opened the door for me. A gentleman indeed.  We entered the car and he started the engine.

"Exciting isn't it?" he smiled as he glanced at me. I couldn't find myself interested and I dislike it, maybe because I am nervous? Cause– what if nobody likes my dress? What if no one looks at me? What if everyone dislikes me? What if– "Mina is outside. Goodbye dear, I love you! Enjoy!" he kissed my cheeks and simply waved, I mirrored his actions and blew a kiss.

Mina, my bestfriend. She then went up to me and kiss my cheeks, she would do that everytime with her close friends. She was always there when I need her. I'm thankful. "We have a solo-pictorial! C'mon, let's go" she grabbed my hand gently and walked inside. I forced a smile.

Music beaming the court. The party will happen inside the court, the court has an automatic rooftop. A small space where you can see the moon and stars shining through the night. It was so aesthetic-looking. As if a pictire mirrored by a mirror. Okay, I'm weird.  And as I entered– I catched their eyes, staring at me, I looked down in order to avoid them. I'm insecure with what  I look like.....

"Next!" the cameraman shouted. People smiled, posed, and acted naturally. Maybe I should do that. As the other girl was done, I could see  someone in front of me. I was shy. A boy as kind as an angel is right infront of me. His back facing me. Maybe, I'm regretting the things I said– Kim Dahyun? Thank you for making me smile tonight.

I read the signs by the side of  the court 'Prom Queen and Prom King' I started to smile as I thought of something

'Can you be my King while I'm your Queen?'

"Neeeeexxxxxttt!" the cameraman shouted. It was now his turn– I heard a laugh behind me and I took the chance to look behind to see Mina and Nayeon. Maybe because I was smiling too much, and they're teasing me? True bestfriends these days. Dahyun was now getting pictured, he smiles. It was so natural that everyone would shout his name. He's handsome, everyone would agree. Then he would make a fierce face making the crowd– yell. He was now bowing to the cameraman, saying thank you. I started to tear up as I saw him. With another girl.

It was me next. Now I'm sitting here... Almost crying because of a boy...

"Smileeeeee Ms. Minatozaki!" he shouted. It didn't cause any effect and I plainly looked at the mirror, not until someones stare caught mine. At some times, I wish you could look at me everytime when I feel hurt. I was just so happy, the fact that we both look at each others eye. You smiled. And I did too. Looking back at the camera before it clicked.

'I came here because of you...❤'

Up to 2 Chapters onlehh! Mwahh!

-SaDalabit