💎Chapter 1💎

*undergoing re writing*
*short story* *written in pure english*

Rakshit Shergill, Mumbai's most wanted gangster, had taken his father's illegal business over. He was not less than a brothel devil in human form. He had always been vinegar aspected and sour tempered. He cared only for himself and no one else except for his best friends Romi and Divya who were his right hands in crime also. It had been tears since he started killing men. Though he had no humblessness or kindness , he never used to harm women or children. It was against his rules and his ego. If he would see anyone harming a woman or a child, the person would be found in a hospital or a cemetery. But he won't pay any heed if any of his gang members would be forcing a girl anyhow.

The Mumbai Police couldn't do anything about him as most of them worked under him. There was an atmosphere of fear and apprehension in Mumbai those days. Days could go on well and peaceful but the nights were darker than hell. Everywhere gunshots and screams could be heard. Bloodstains in the street and corpses covered in shrouds were seen. But still this fear and dawn of the dead had not been able to obliterate the people's liveliness and put the lives on hold.

On the other hand Drishti Sharma was a cheerful yet afraid type of person. She wouldn't like talking to anyone or mixing around. She was an introvert who didn't like indulging herself in gossips and all. She was an orphan whose parents were killed in front of her eyes by a gangster. At that time she was hiding in a corner and witnessing their dead at the age of 10. She always spoke low, with nervousness echoing in her voice at times. She had recently shifted to Mumbai.

The day she shifted everyone looked at her with weird expressions as why would she choose to come in such a dark place. She was completely unaware of the situation and fear in which the people of Mumbai had been dwelling. She had joined "Saint Martin's University" which was very close to Rakshit's so called office. His men would sometimes barge into the college and try to touch the girls but no one dared to utter a word against him.